College football coaching carousel

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
What an arms race!

Just the other day ESPN was touting Aranda to USC. So now maybe he's back in play for LSU (?). But then I read that he signed an extension with Baylor. So is O'Brien going to LSU? Regardless, that still leaves OU open. As they begin transition to the SEC. Would they try to poach Kiffin? Fickel would seem a better fit there than he would have at USC.

And has Nebraska jettisoned Frost yet?

It's like musical chairs.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Oklahoma had that Stoops interim replacement so quick. I wonder if Stoops wants to come back for a few more years, and this is just the cover story.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Oklahoma had that Stoops interim replacement so quick. I wonder if Stoops wants to come back for a few more years, and this is just the cover story.
Yeah, if true this would explain why Lincoln would leave. Kinda like Barry Alvarez running off a very successful Bret Bielema from Wisconsin. The problem wasn't money or wins or anything – just current successful coaches not liking being in the shadow of the former successful coach who's still a big presence on campus.

The personal elements of the relationships among co-workers means so much in who gets hired and fired, and it's not something casual fans have very much access to.