College football coaching carousel

18in32

Petard Hoister
Kiffin also retweeted this:

That is cool, but I wonder if it's quite as insane as the Tweet suggests – coaching is a very small fraternity. A family member played at FSU while Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells and Dan Henning were on staff, and Mack Brown was a teammate. IN. SANE.

moochie

Varsity Lurker
Are we at risk of the extra 50k payout to collins if he’s named national coach of the year, per his contract? The funny part is that this was actually a stipulation debate, three plus years ago. Talk about a waste of time and words….

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Kiffin also retweeted this:

Looking at that Tweet is just another kick in the Nads , that represents life as a GT FB Fan:

Oregon gets Mario Cristobal and we get friggin' CBK!

One of those Bama OLine Coaches isn't like the other!

The Wasp

Varsity Lurker
Freeze is a darn good coach. Liberty does have non-athletic money coming in. It's from their online revenue. Their campus is exploding with the revenue. Good for them for keeping him. I really thought after his success at Ole Miss he would be back at Tennessee, Arkansas, or somewhere. I hear the SEC brass has blackballed him and won't let him in. It would have been nice to have him somewhere like Florida to start beating Georgia's ass again.

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
Freeze is a darn good coach. Liberty does have non-athletic money coming in. It's from their online revenue. Their campus is exploding with the revenue. Good for them for keeping him. I really thought after his success at Ole Miss he would be back at Tennessee, Arkansas, or somewhere. I hear the SEC brass has blackballed him and won't let him in. It would have been nice to have him somewhere like Florida to start beating Georgia's ass again.
Would've been nice for him to be here. Granted this job isn't appealing because of the ineptitude we have in the front office right now, but still would've loved to have him here. I was hoping he would want another power 5 job in the southeast since he knows how it goes down here, but I guess he'll just stay up there.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
What an arms race!

Just the other day ESPN was touting Aranda to USC. So now maybe he's back in play for LSU (?). But then I read that he signed an extension with Baylor. So is O'Brien going to LSU? Regardless, that still leaves OU open. As they begin transition to the SEC. Would they try to poach Kiffin? Fickel would seem a better fit there than he would have at USC.

And has Nebraska jettisoned Frost yet?

It's like musical chairs.
So LSU is filled, but now Oklahoma and Notre Dame are open.

Craziest thing I've ever seen!

BuzzinWreck78

Helluva Engineer
I'm soo envious of all these schools getting new coaches, new hope and having something to look forward to.