Collins, Georgia Tech falling further behind No. 1 Georgia

Excuse me? I was in A2 parked right next to the ööööing pine trees squirt. Damn liar. Plus, you had my damn seat number, which you still have.
I showed up and asked the people in A2 if you were there, they said no. No sighting to be found.

edit: And who are you calling squirt? You’re literally built like a string bean lol

Neither one holds a candle to winning the first ever game against UGAg and it being the first victory in program history and it being a blowout.
Again, just because it’s a legendary win, doesn’t make him one of the greatest. CPJ pulled of one of the biggest upsets in CFB history, that doesn’t make him better than Heisman…

I showed up and asked the people in A2 if you were there, they said no. No sighting to be found.

edit: And who are you calling squirt? You’re literally built like a string bean lol
I'm sorry for calling you a squirt. The squirt was what was left on the bedsheets which is much, much smarter than you could ever be.

FSU 2015? FSU had won 20 straight ACC games and had won their last 27 or something like that. And I said one of the biggest, please use your literary analysis to understand what that is.

No way. That was a pretty overrated FSU team that lost 3 of its last 7 games.

And, laughably, we won IN SPITE of PJ's coaching.

USA Today said:
Lance Austin ran toward the ball, rolling along at the Georgia Tech end of the field as the final seconds ticked off the clock. He hesitated, a bit confused as his coach screamed for him to leave it alone.

Paul Johnson was content to go to overtime against mighty Florida State. (great coaching, PJ :rotfl: )

Austin had other ideas.

Not sure why some folks are bashing Coach Paul Johnson in this thread. He is the only coach besides Bobby Dodd to have multiple 11 win seasons! He obviously is a HOF coach and Geoff Collins can not even compete with Bill Lewis or Chan Gailey as a Coach.... there is no way he is as good of a HC as Paul Johnson was.

CPJ.png

Last edited:
Not sure why some folks are bashing Coach Paul Johnson in this thread. He is the only coach besides Bobby Dodd to have multiple 11 win seasons! He obviously is a HOF coach and Geoff Collins can not even compete with Bill Lewis or Chan Gailey as a Coach.... there is no way he is as good of a HC as Paul Johnson was.

CPJ.png

Neither Bobbys Ross nor Dodd required 14 reg. season games to get to 11 wins the way PJ did though. 1952 & 1990's 11 wins resulted in National Championships.

PJ definitely had a HOF resume at Southern, I agree. I don't think anyone in this thread thinks CGC is anywhere as good a coach as PJ. He's a superior recruiter and that's all.

Neither Bobbys Ross nor Dodd required 14 reg. season games to get to 11 wins the way PJ did though. 1952 & 1990's 11 wins resulted in National Championships.

PJ definitely had a HOF resume at Southern, I agree. I don't think anyone in this thread thinks CGC is anywhere as good a coach as PJ. He's a superior recruiter and that's all.
The 12 wins in 1952 is the best season in GT football history

I'm shocked that the Wash Post is covering a GT FB Game, they rarely do in depth articles like that for Md or UVA FB.

I wonder did TStan call in a some favors to put even more heat on CGC, to try and make it easier to fire him.

Seems way out of left field for the WaPo to be concerned with the gap between GTFB and uga FB.
Isn't WaPo one of those fake news networks?

No way. That was a pretty overrated FSU team that lost 3 of its last 7 games.

And, laughably, we won IN SPITE of PJ's coaching.

If we’re being honest, nobody knows what to do in that instance. That’s not exactly a play you see everyday, and in fact was the first time I could recall that ever happening. Only thing that comes close is the infamous Iron Bowl, but that wasn’t a blocked kick.

Vandy improved? Seriously? They lost 62-0. They were down 35-0 in the first quarter. Uga simply backed off and still put up another 27 points. So again, are you intentionally being an idiot?
I have a bad feeling this is going to be a GT, hold my beer moment.

Yea, shouldn't have gotten rid of Chan or, better yet, just rehired GOL like we did Cremins
The kerfuffle regarding the resume’ meant that O’Leary wouldn’t be coming back. Should’ve hired Mac McWhorter instead of Chan. Hindsight is 20-20.

Back