Collins, Georgia Tech falling further behind No. 1 Georgia

If we’re being honest, nobody knows what to do in that instance. That’s not exactly a play you see everyday, and in fact was the first time I could recall that ever happening. Only thing that comes close is the infamous Iron Bowl, but that wasn’t a blocked kick.

Fair enough but if PJ had a single, solitary coaching deficiency besides passing the football, it was ST lol.

It's certainly a top Greatest Play in GT football history - not sure where I'd rank it but helluva finish. I remember just laughing as it unfolded, especially after their PK did his infamous Helicopter nontackle.

Neither Bobbys Ross nor Dodd required 14 reg. season games to get to 11 wins the way PJ did though. 1952 & 1990's 11 wins resulted in National Championships.

PJ definitely had a HOF resume at Southern, I agree. I don't think anyone in this thread thinks CGC is anywhere as good a coach as PJ. He's a superior recruiter and that's all.
So I guess the real question is do you think CGC could get to 4 wins with 14 regular season games?

Last edited:
I thought that was what you wrooes about since the coach to coach us to our first ever victory, our first victory over UGAg, was less important than CPJ winning less than 60% of his games, just like Chan did.....
Wood wasn't a coach in the first Uga game, he was a player.

Back