Collins or Satterwhite?

Monken makes the most sense for the time being. He’d be more successful than ANY other coach in year one.

Having said that, it does get old defending our offensive scheme to the general public. It clearly hurts recruiting as it is always used as a negative recruiting tool against us.

No more option equals some terms we’ll never have to hear again:

1. This offense isn’t built to play from
Behind.
2. This offense isn’t built for 3rd and long.
3. “chop block”
4. Assignment Defense!
5. Extra time to prepare

I’m sick to death of the storyline being the same F-ing thing over and over again. If the media weren’t so anti-option football, I’d say stick with it. The media has done nothing but crap all over our program for 11 years. And it has not helped our perception.

Monken makes the most sense for the time being. He’d be more successful than ANY other coach in year one.

Having said that, it does get old defending our offensive scheme to the general public. It clearly hurts recruiting as it is always used as a negative recruiting tool against us.

No more option equals some terms we’ll never have to hear again:

1. This offense isn’t built to play from
Behind.
2. This offense isn’t built for 3rd and long.
3. “chop block”
4. Assignment Defense!
5. Extra time to prepare

I’m sick to death of the storyline being the same F-ing thing over and over again. If the media weren’t so anti-option football, I’d say stick with it. The media has done nothing but crap all over our program for 11 years. And it has not helped our perception.
When the offense is rolling, the media and everybody else loves it. It's just because it's different that they look for something different to say.

The bigger question is whether we 'need' something different to succeed. I don't think this board has reached consensus on that yet.

I'm guessing TStan and PJ discussed this possibility earlier so I don't think TStan was blind sided. I bet we'll have a new coach named way before the bowl.

When the offense is rolling, the media and everybody else loves it. It's just because it's different that they look for something different to say.

The bigger question is whether we 'need' something different to succeed. I don't think this board has reached consensus on that yet.

I think a different scheme (3O, RPO, etc.) help Tech in that I don't think we'll ever win a pure "out muscle" the other team Pro Set O. But, I think there is just too much negative stigma about the 3O that hurts us in a lot of ways. Perhaps someone with a different personality like Monken could be actually a step up from CPJ in a way on the recruiting trail, etc., but I think it's time to move on. That said, I'll fully support whomever they hire.

I think a different scheme (3O, RPO, etc.) help Tech in that I don't think we'll ever win a pure "out muscle" the other team Pro Set O. But, I think there is just too much negative stigma about the 3O that hurts us in a lot of ways. Perhaps someone with a different personality like Monken could be actually a step up from CPJ in a way on the recruiting trail, etc., but I think it's time to move on. That said, I'll fully support whomever they hire.

That’s a GREAT attitude all Tech fans should take on. It’ll never happen, but it sounds good.

Yeah, someone who really hates GT so much attends games for 57 years, family gives money since 67, gives a car to the President of the school and wants to hire a good football coach. That is true hate.

Those who really love GT want to hire someone who has proven to be a losing coach, but maybe has the proper “background” as well.
A mutt gives a car to a player and they won a MNC.

One of ours gives a car to the school president.

More evidence of the issues that hold GT football back.

Maybe the new coach will attend the bowl game and make a pithy comment about us getting our öööö rocked by "Fresno in Boise"

I was at that game and had a bad feeling when I saw the two teams at pregame festivities. Fresno’s players were a lot bigger than ours. They weren’t fat guys either. They were tall, well built athletes.

I was at that game and had a bad feeling when I saw the two teams at pregame festivities. Fresno’s players were a lot bigger than ours. They weren’t fat guys either. They were tall, well built athletes.
giphy.gif

Tell the truth. You didn’t have a bad feeling. You felt funny like climbing a rope in gym class.

Back