Collins

Let's take a deep breath now that the season is over and honestly ask ourselves to assess the job CGC has done. I for one, thought we had more talent to win more than 3 games. Also, we rarely beat the spread and had some VERY BAD losses.

I'm trying to like CGC but have this gnawing feeling in the back of my mind that he is just an "empty suit", used car salesman.
You are totally uninformed. He is working with basically FCS talent

This team was a mess. We lost at home to The Citadel. Two of the wins were hold on for dear life games against USF and NCSU, pretty bad teams. We finished last on our side of the conference. Two of our last three games were 45-0 and 52-7. We did not get better as the year went on. I grade Collins and this team a D.

But, the season is over and there is nothing to change these dismal results. So, let’s go to work. Players have to get better. Coaches have to know how to coach kids up. Hold on to your verbal commitments and finish recruiting strong. Waffle House tweets, juice, and pushups after onside kicks (in a game you lose by 45 to your rival) are stylistic gimmicks that lack substance. Willie Taggart was a hit at FSU until he had to play games, as Bobby Bowden sagely noted.

I am not a big Collins fan. His style, kind of a metrosexual version of Ed Orgeron is not my cup of tea. But, he is our coach. I want him to be successful. I just believe it is going to take a lot of work, not a lot of hype. Good luck. And, those who love Collins need to admit this was a bad season and not lay all of the blame on Paul Johnson. Give your man a lot of time. No need to turn on him after one or two more bad seasons. This year showed us he is not a savant capable of winning big with the players he inherited. So, he has to get his players in and get them some experience.

Next year’s schedule is a tough one. It will be difficult to envision a winning season. But, I hope to see improvement and can hope we can get back to a winning season and a bowl by year three or four. By year five and six we will know what Collins can do with his players he recruits as they move through the program. I hope he turns me into a big fan by then.
Dumbass post of the season. You’re football knowledge and overall knowledge about 21st century college football and recruiting arena is so incredibly low, it’s scary

Let's take a deep breath now that the season is over and honestly ask ourselves to assess the job CGC has done. I for one, thought we had more talent to win more than 3 games. Also, we rarely beat the spread and had some VERY BAD losses.

I'm trying to like CGC but have this gnawing feeling in the back of my mind that he is just an "empty suit", used car salesman.
He may be. Look may end up being the right comparison, but we won't know for three years. But i must admit, we are a bunch of whiny beeches. and this is coming from a devoted cps guy.

beeches, stfu. whether it was 3 or 5 wins...or whether we lost to ugag by 45 or 25, it is not unexpected and probably doesn't matter much in year one. as a devoted cpj guy, even i fully realize he and his offense couldn't recruit the past three years. it WAS time for a change. you have to give the new dude three to four years and remain positive, even if you don't believe. (count me in that camp, but i will stfu and let it play out...hoping on hope). but in all honesty, the offensive cupboard was bare. (but i too like where the D is headed, and it's obvious where this staff's abilities lie...on the D side of the ball.)

to be honest, what i do miss is the little train that could..ie an offense that could win with less manpower. i didn't have that optimism this year at all and i hated to even see the O take the field. running the spread without proper horsepower is asking to be mauled. the spread is an offense that creates matchups where if you're better in skill positions, you will win the majority of those isolation battles. as an example, we now run the same offense as ohio state..how's that for two sides of the talent coin? i too question patty-nude, but let's let it play out. it does take talent. we are barren.

R-E-L-A-X. offseason is for drinking and dreaming. we turned a corner, let's give it some time and see how it plays out!

happy offseason, beeches!!

Wrong. At worst he is a Ron Zook who leaves us with a better roster than he inherited. That is at worst. I think with most of the staff he has put together we end up much better than that. I will be greatly disappointed if we aren't a bowl team challenging for the Coastal in 2021.
So a Georgia Tech team who went to a bowl in 2018 (won 7 games)...

New Coach goes 3-9 in 2019.... You give a pass in 2020 (can go 3-9 you do not care) and basically needs to go to a bowl game in 2021 (6 Games) and you are ok with that...

WOW how standards of the fans have fallen... I mean Georgia Tech has avg 7 wins under Chan Gailey and Paul Johnson since 2001-2018... and we are saying winning 12 games and going to a Bowl game in year three is good!!! WOW.... just WOW!!!

I was one fan who was spoiled by the 7 wins and was ready for the program to avg 8 to 9 wins a season....Clearly I am going to have to lower expectations with this Coaching staff and fellow Tech faithfuls...

So a Georgia Tech team who went to a bowl in 2018... Goes 3-9 in 2019.... You give a pass in 2020 and basically needs to go to a bowl game in 2021 (6 Games) WOW how standards have fallen... I mean Georgia Tech has avg 7 wins under Chan Gailey and Paul Johnson since 2001-2018... and we are saying winning 12 games and going to a Bowl game in year three is good!!! WOW.... just WOW!!!
Exactly. I guess recruiting rankings do mean more than actual on the field results.
I am more than happy to give collins four years ....as long as P-Fruade is on the next Delta flight to anywhere.

Too bad CGC didn’t inherit an NFL d-line and a BEAST at QB perfectly adapted and capable of running his offensive system like the former coach did in his 1st season.

Think that’s where some of these lunatic expectations of a first year head coach are coming from.

Our offensive line depth chart is the most depleted it’s been in decades. And our best QB ran the wing t in HS and was recruited as a safety

Dumbass post of the season. You’re football knowledge and overall knowledge about 21st century college football and recruiting arena is so incredibly low, it’s scary

And you believe one good recruiting class will turn around a bad team? The very next year? Most linemen don’t need a couple of years to develop before they can make a great impact? You truly have football in the 21st century all figured out.

Maybe should give the money down a break for a year or two. Think we are on par with US deficit on that down.

New Coach goes 3-9 in 2019.... You give a pass in 2020 (can go 3-9 you do not care) and basically needs to go to a bowl game in 2021 (6 Games) and you are ok with that...

WOW how standards of the fans have fallen... I mean Georgia Tech has avg 7 wins under Chan Gailey and Paul Johnson since 2001-2018... and we are saying winning 12 games and going to a Bowl game in year three is good!!! WOW.... just WOW!!!

I was one fan who was spoiled by the 7 wins and was ready for the program to avg 8 to 9 wins a season....Clearly I am going to have to lower expectations with this Coaching staff and fellow Tech faithfuls...

Whoa, slow down there buddy. I'm just saying I expect him to do better than B*** L****; which ain't that high a goal. Next year needs to be better than this year; but after believing we should be in a bowl game this year I have lowered my expectations for next year.

The next two seasons probably are meaningless to some extent, we are contractually obligated to CGC until probably year 4 or later unless someone wants to open their wallet.

Y’all need to stop whining. Collins was a defensive coach and considering what we had on the field, our defense improved. If you support Tech football, you need to shut up and support the coach for three more years.

You need to use your eyes and not just look at numbers to guide your argument. No one is thrilled with losing seasons, or a putrid offense...but there is a noticeable talent issue on the field. We could have kept doing what we were doing with similar results... Instead, we have taken option B which is take one step backwards in hopes of taking two steps forward. We need fan support to ride this out and see where CGC can take us. All this autistic screeching about not making a bottom tier bowl game helps no one.

Too bad CGC didn’t inherit an NFL d-line and a BEAST at QB perfectly adapted and capable of running his offensive system like the former coach did in his 1st season.

Think that’s where some of these lunatic expectations of a first year head coach are coming from.

Our offensive line depth chart is the most depleted it’s been in decades. And our best QB ran the wing t in HS and was recruited as a safety
Most pundits had us winning 2 games in 2008.

They weren’t draft picks when CPJ came in. He developed them.

If our current coach is worth his salt, we will find that we currently have draft picks already on our roster.
Lmao you’re trying to tell me Michael Johnson, Vance walker, Derrick Morgan, Morgan Burnett, Andrew Gardner, and baybay were only NFL picks cuz of CPJs two magical years of development

get the hell outta here half of them were seniors

Back