Colorado Buffs first game starting quarterback throws for over 400 yards and 4 td's

Re: Colorado Buffs first game starting quarterback throws for over 400 yards and 4 td\'s

Excellent reply, Tech Noir. Very good points.

Re: Colorado Buffs first game starting quarterback throws for over 400 yards and 4 td\'s

Lots of good comments above. I think CG kept Reggie throwing into the shallow flat to get him some confidence. BYU was ceeding that to him by laying their corners off 8-10 yards all night. Those corners did that a lot last year and BYU's secondary accounted for 16 picks by laying out there and offering the sort of underneith stuff.

After two or three lay-offs, BYU's corners would check in by testing the deep flat at the snap and pic the QB. They kept waiting for RgBall to make those same throws! CG I think decided to keep RgBall from having another pic shake his freshman/first game confidence. In the end we can with hindsight say, CG should have taken the chances because you have to try to win! But overall I think Ball did a really poised job with what his coach wanted him to do. He had some important successes, just not enough. That's my take.

You can't compare the two players really but you can see the points our team scored on Offense-6 and NO TDs.Do we expect to get 2 blocked punts every game and an int runback?If we are not scoring 21 pts on Offense ,we lose 8 of the 12 games for sure,Fr QB or 5th yr man..

Back