Colorized Clint Castleberry

As for the "Calvin Throwbacks"....
Some of us still have our originals... this one's from the 1971 Peach Bowl.... the 1970 one I have is a bit faded as we wore them all year & they gave us new ones for the Mud Bowl at ATL-FULCO.

upload_2020-4-7_11-12-17.jpeg

Last edited:
Gold shirt looks so much better with White numbers instead of dark.
Funny you should mention it, but while looking at the old, grainy game films in those dreaded Monday afternoon meeetings, it was easier to see the white numbers than the black. The cuffed jerseys with the black numbers were, though of a similar type mesh, were heavier than the one I posted.
upload_2020-4-7_17-43-59.jpeg

Some of us still have our originals... this one's from the 1971 Peach Bowl.... the 1970 one I have is a bit faded as we wore them all year & they gave us new ones for the Mud Bowl at ATL-FULCO.

That is beautiful!

You know what Evatt ended up doing after GT?
It's been 50 years since I last saw Rick, but a check of the Alumni Association website has him in Texas with a communications outfit.

Hopefully he'll make it to the 1970 Sun Bowl Reunion at the UCF game on Sep 18th.

Thanks everyone for letting me know about the jhersey! Also I've been working on teaching myself new techniques, so here's the UPDATED version! Also, got the original building in there.
Left is first attempt. Right is today.

If you look at the contrast between the jersey and pants in your revised version vs the B&W original, I would guess that the pants need to be a lighter shade.

Nice.

It's been 50 years since I last saw Rick, but a check of the Alumni Association website has him in Texas with a communications outfit.

Hopefully he'll make it to the 1970 Sun Bowl Reunion at the UCF game on Sep 18th.
I worked with his bro Randy. After he understood I went to GT he never stopped talking about his bro with me.

No, it's a Georgia Tech look in the late Alexander-early Dodd years, even up to the early 50s......

In the early 60s, Rice came into Atlanta with their white road jerseys, only to find out GT was going to wear white jerseys. Dodd & his old buddy, Rice HFC Jess Neeley, agreed Rice would wear GT's dark blue road jerseys. The blues didn't match exactly, but GT definitely wore them into the early 60s. Prob not worn again til Ross brought 'em back in the late 80s.

Added: Link.... Lots of mispronounced names for GT
Thanks for the link to the '61 Rice game. Just sent the video to a good friend who played in that game. Nice win for the Jackets, too.

Thanks for the link to the '61 Rice game. Just sent the video to a good friend who played in that game. Nice win for the Jackets, too.

Shouldn’t this friend be on Stingtalk already?

Shouldn’t this friend be on Stingtalk already?
He’s not really a mom joke kind of guy. His dad was one of my dads best friends, Teammates in the 30’s. He is Coach Dodd’s nephew.

Last edited:
He’s not really a mom joke kind of guy. His dad was one of my dads best friends, Teammates in the 30’s. He is Coach Dodd’s nephew.

His mom is good friends with your mom too, like real good friends, they still put in a little effort for me though.

Back