Combine Talk ft. Stephen Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bitter as hell.

Stephen Hill didn't do much while he was here and he really could have played like a true #1 WR this upcoming season. Us Tech fans are missing out and should be kinda pissed off.

I'm bitter as hell.

Stephen Hill didn't do much while he was here and he really could have played like a true #1 WR this upcoming season. Us Tech fans are missing out and should be kinda pissed off.

Just pretend he was gonna fail out of school and be ineligible to play anyways. That's what i do.

I'm bitter as hell.

He was still our best receiver and it does not good to wish him ill at this point.

If he does well then it goes a long way to dispelling the myth that WRs who seek the NFL should steer clear.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and two first round picks helps our story tremendously. Arguments about whether coaching at GT helped them or not are really irrelevant. They were here and now they were drafted highly.

If you want to be bitter, be bitter about how Dwyer has failed to perform in the NFL up to his potential. He has done little to dispel the myth that the system generates stats out of line with the RB talent. And he HAS the talent if he works at it.

Reading the thread title made me think of this...
linda-richman.jpg

Stephen Hill mediocre combine...discuss...

Since GT is not going to throw the ball much they don't need a coach to teach route running skill that will never/rarely be used. However, GT does need a coach who can really recruit. Has Preston recruited any notable players since he's been at GT?

I think if we had a better passing game, we would throw more, and it would get used. I do think the review of hill's route running and zone coverage reads reflects poorly on preston. We can't only teach running against man coverage.

I'm just making an observation regarding your posting history. Seems like when given the chance, you like to take subtle jabs of the current coaching staff and support the players. I tend to remember you talking about the mass exodus over a year ago of players like Claytor, Tarrant, etc. and insinuating that the coaching staff is the problem. Your history of posting on this board seems to indicate you have bitter feelings towards the current staff. I don't think I'm off base saying that.

And yes, I was pissed Hill left for the pros. I don't like it when people use GT as a stepping stone for something else without trying to reach their potential while at GT. Kenny Anderson and Calvin are exceptions, as they did all they could have done while in college. Hill isn't in that group. I have since said that I'm happy Hill had a great combine and hope he's taken high.

Never been bitter about the coaching staff. I love the things the staff did for me on and off field. I only speak the truth.

He was still our best receiver and it does not good to wish him ill at this point.

If he does well then it goes a long way to dispelling the myth that WRs who seek the NFL should steer clear.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and two first round picks helps our story tremendously. Arguments about whether coaching at GT helped them or not are really irrelevant. They were here and now they were drafted highly.

If you want to be bitter, be bitter about how Dwyer has failed to perform in the NFL up to his potential. He has done little to dispel the myth that the system generates stats out of line with the RB talent. And he HAS the talent if he works at it.
Thank you for getting this idiom, so often butchered, correct. :biggthumpup:

My my my... it’s some gems in here

For those who think bc we had a WR go in the 1st round and possibly another will help recruiting can forget about it. These guys are making money because of raw ability at these workouts not because of development at GT

I'm just worried what led CPJ to his success will be his demise. Football is evolving on all levels, and I just see him resisting the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back