commitment number 5!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!
Ylo-You get on top of these verbals quick, thanks!! I get the feeling that Chan is wanting to play a lot more smash-mouth! I think when recruiting FB's you look for two types..A)Someone who plays smash-mouth, hard-nose, great blocker(Iso man) and can carry the ball for 3yds and a cloud of gust. (B)A great athlete for his size, one who can catch the ball out of the backfield and gain 8-9yds, one who can pick up a blitz from a LB running a 4.4. That's just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. I love these early verbals, because these 5 guys will surly pick up more offers and we're already in the door.
GO JACKETS!!
Man, I'm getting anxious!

Welcome Michael! We are very glad to have you coming down to the flats.

Gailey is single handidly grabbing the bull by its horns, and overcoming the obvious hardships his superiors have put in his way. Congrats again Coach! I hope Gailey's momentum continues, and translates to the football field this fall.

I think I do see a light at the end of the tunnel!

"I like the fact that they're in the ACC [Atlantic Coast Conference], which is going to be even better with Miami and Virginia Tech coming in."

told you guys... this expansion thing is going to help recruiting. Apparently already has.

Great news! It seems like we have a lot more early momentum than we did last year. Coach Wilson/Gailey and the rest of the staff are doing a great job. I hope we can oversign this year and have some of the guys enroll early.

Welcome, Michael, to Tech. It's a great place to call home, just make sure you study hard once you get here. This is a great start by Chan and his staff. His tenure has been a lesson in dealing with adversity, and, to this point, he's done a pretty decent job. This class is shaping up to be another class full of big and fast guys.

Keep 'em coming, Chan!!!

I like it!

A "new" ACC, a great staff with deep NFL connections, ultra, mega facilities, one of the greatest cities in the whole country, great tradition, not to mention one of the very best educational creds.

It's the total package!

Nice job Coach and staff and welcome Mr. Cox!

Up my alley, a big running back in the backfield teamed with a swift running back. Let's make the defense guess who is running the ball.

Father Time

"When I talked with Coach Gailey, he said I would be more than just a fullback, that I'd be running the ball up to 15 or 20 times per game," Cox said.

Oh yes. Pounding the ball with a ACE, Grant, DBO and the new couple of big bruising fullbacks. Get that big receiver and a few more big OL and we'll be doleing out some whoopin's

Solid kid! Sounds like another great recruit with good balance between books and the field.

Thanks for the update!
JJ

wants to be a running fullback and has been told that that's where he'll get his shot at Tech.

that is a great wrinkle to have in the offense, we have at least a couple of coaches in patriot and 2BigTs who have way better insight in this regard than i do.

patriot, interestingly enough, his high school team is called patriots!

currently has offers from BC and Temple. Driver8 please feel free to come in and opine.

Welcome to the Flats Michael!! We're very proud to have you!

Big, bruising fullback that can carry the rock more often than not. Excellent!

In recent memory, I can't recall a recruiting season that started with more of a flourish!!

Way to go Coach Gailey and staff!

Originally posted by ylojk8:
wants to be a running fullback and has been told that that's where he'll get his shot at Tech.

that is a great wrinkle to have in the offense, we have at least a couple of coaches in patriot and 2BigTs who have way better insight in this regard than i do.

patriot, interestingly enough, his high school team is called patriots!

currently has offers from BC and Temple. Driver8 please feel free to come in and opine.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Okay. Listen, we all want to be excited about our recruits. I wish this kid the best as I do all of the players who commit to us. That said, there is a reason FSU, Auburn, ALA, UF, UT, Miami are have better football programs than the likes of Vandy, Duke, Temple, BC, Louisville, etc,.....they have better players. That's just the way it is. Life can be tough sometimes,...but we had better start getting the caliber of athlete/player that can compete at the top level or accept our fate as a down-trodden, "academic" school that also fields a football team....see Duke and/or Vandy. You can say what you want to about how other Southern schools handle academic integrity,....but that won't do us a lick of good if we start getting our heads handed to us on a regular basis.

Coach O'Leary understood this simple fact. I'm not sure the Sunday School teacher and the "current" AD realize what's at stake. Taking a look at the Top 50 recruits in Georgia and who they are being recruited by,....I think the answer is painfully obvious. Also,.....why don't we go after more of the 950SAT/2.55GPA athletes that can help produce winning football. And once we get those kids on campus,...let's give them the support they need,...not turn our backs on them and all of us who support the Yellow Jacket Football Program.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Driver: Please tell all of your last post to Gary Guyton's face... also, invite me when you do so, as I cannot wait to see the outcome.
mad.gif

You know, I try and I try but sometimes I just can't stand it.

Driver you make some sound points, but you are so negative about everything that it's hard to pay much attention to anything you say. Would it be so hard, just once, to say WTTE "this kid sounds pretty good, welcome to Tech!" without lecture on what's wrong with us? Jesus, don't you ever give it a rest?

FYI, FSU and Miami, etc., recruited more highly rated players than us while O'Leary was here too. So get off your soapbox.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
You know, I try and I try but sometimes I just can't stand it.

Driver you make some sound points, but you are so negative about everything that it's hard to pay much attention to anything you say. Would it be so hard, just once, to say WTTE "this kid sounds pretty good, welcome to Tech!" without lecture on what's wrong with us? Jesus, don't you ever give it a rest?

FYI, FSU and Miami, etc., recruited more highly rated players than us while O'Leary was here too. So get off your soapbox.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">THANKS YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Back