Couch Coach vs Syracuse

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
In fairness to Curry, the example you gave shows the OLB running up to make the tackle, which he missed, instead of maintaining the outside edge. That was not Curry's play unless the QB is directed back to the middle which should have happened.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
That’s why if we’re gonna go full youth mode, why not do the same on defense. get meiguiz and Franks in there, even Wright. At the very least, theyre fast.

Best prospects I’ve seen in years from any of the LB recruits outside of attaochu

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
In fairness to Curry, the example you gave shows the OLB running up to make the tackle, which he missed, instead of maintaining the outside edge. That was not Curry's play unless the QB is directed back to the middle which should have happened.
That’s essentially what Ibee says in the paragraph below the “2 spy” line.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
I said start the Curry apology tour bc he was blamed for that in the game chat

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Great Stuff.... I think the issues from your post are mainly do to poor coaching

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Inexperienced players and the lack of opportunities to practice and gel haven't helped
Ok.... You have me with the lack of normal opportunities to practice.... The coaching might not be that bad...

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
Ok.... You have me with the lack of normal opportunities to practice.... The coaching might not be that bad...
The time to judge coaching will be the end of the season.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
It’s Saturday and I wanted Tech football...so I rewatched the game. We were plenty capable of winning. Not something I could say about most of the games last season.

We gave up the big play on defense several times. We’re simply not good enough to do that. Our secondary looked big and slow. Either need to be more physical with the receivers or rethink the body types we have back there. Also I thought we played flat. I was honestly more disappointed with the defense than the offense.

Offensively we moved the ball enough to win the game. You just cannot be loose with the ball. We put the ball on the ground a couple of more times that we got back. That’s something easy to clean up, but it needs to be a priority for everyone on the team. Also the FG unit is a major debacle. That’s goes right up to the coach. I’d probably go back to the initial kicker and put a lot more live reps into it with a FG rush.

Watching it knowing the outcome was actually probably a good thing. I wasn’t as mad at the mistakes that I already knew were coming. I was able to enjoy several of the positive plays. We’re still very raw and young as a team. We will have games like this, but likely will beat some teams we shouldn’t. Need CGC and crew to coach them up.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
It’s Saturday and I wanted Tech football...so I rewatched the game. We were plenty capable of winning. Not something I could say about most of the games last season.

We gave up the big play on defense several times. We’re simply not good enough to do that. Our secondary looked big and slow. Either need to be more physical with the receivers or rethink the body types we have back there. Also I thought we played flat. I was honestly more disappointed with the defense than the offense.

Offensively we moved the ball enough to win the game. You just cannot be loose with the ball. We put the ball on the ground a couple of more times that we got back. That’s something easy to clean up, but it needs to be a priority for everyone on the team. Also the FG unit is a major debacle. That’s goes right up to the coach. I’d probably go back to the initial kicker and put a lot more live reps into it with a FG rush.

Watching it knowing the outcome was actually probably a good thing. I wasn’t as mad at the mistakes that I already knew were coming. I was able to enjoy several of the positive plays. We’re still very raw and young as a team. We will have games like this, but likely will beat some teams we shouldn’t. Need CGC and crew to coach them up.
We aren't that far away from breaking out. I think it will be a next season thing unfortunately. Eligibility from CovidYear is a great thing for us, maybe more than anyone in the country.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
We aren't that far away from breaking out. I think it will be a next season thing unfortunately. Eligibility from CovidYear is a great thing for us, maybe more than anyone in the country.
I just keep expecting it. Hopefully, this Friday. Limited or no penalties and no turnovers. We can beat the teams on our schedule by scoring with them, I believe. Right now, our secondary has not shown we will pose much resistance to a team like Clemson. However, I would love to get on a glorious roll and win out

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
I just keep expecting it. Hopefully, this Friday. Limited or no penalties and no turnovers. We can beat the teams on our schedule by scoring with them, I believe. Right now, our secondary has not shown we will pose much resistance to a team like Clemson. However, I would love to get on a glorious roll and win out
I second this. Mistakes can be corrected. It’s good to know we’re at least not being outclassed. We have the talent - just have to refine it.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Can't wait to watch