Crazy starting QB stat for ACC

Why is it all that crazy? Looks like a pattern to me. Probably true with other conferences too. QBs get hurt, etc.

Just need a competent OL to protect King.
not that simple. King runs the ball like a scalded dog. Super effective but could get hurt. How many times did he limp off the field last year?

I also wonder if that affected the passing game.

not that simple. King runs the ball like a scalded dog. Super effective but could get hurt. How many times did he limp off the field last year?

I also wonder if that affected the passing game.

That's true, but still the OL (and Oklahoma) deserves the praise I think, definitely can imagine a must worse season if they had displayed our normal swiss cheese scheme of the last few years. And of course King himself, we really struck gold with that. Even with a good OL, Sims would still be Sims, he would just have more time to find the open defender.

Changing quarterbacks means either your starter is dead or he sucks. I’m glad we didn’t have either scenario. But I’m also not gonna brag about it because it’s mostly because we lucked out with an uninjured qb.

What happens next will shock you.

What happens next will shock you.

Thanks for the PTSD web flashback as I'm madly trying to click on the non existent link :biggrin:, remembering back when every article headline was like this, always leading to a decidedly non shocking article. Time for some desk whiskey.

Common Sense tells you QB matters despite scheme, just look at the most success GT has had during the last 34 year, have legit QB, have a chance:

Shawn Jones
Joe Hamilton
George Godsey
Josh Nesbitt
Justin Thomas
Haynes King

Common Sense tells you QB matters despite scheme, just look at the most success GT has had during the last 34 year, have legit QB, have a chance:

Shawn Jones
Joe Hamilton
George Godsey
Josh Nesbitt
Justin Thomas
Haynes King

We, and most schools, don’t have the talent to excel with a game manager type QB. We need that next level QB to reach the top. And they’ve tweaked the rules enough that even an exceptional RB can’t replace an average QB.

Shawn Jones
Joe Hamilton
George Godsey
Josh Nesbitt
Justin Thomas
Haynes King
Exactly. And look what happens when that QB goes down. 2010 was much different after Nesbit went down.

Back