CRY ME A RIVER

even CCG in his own words said we dont have to rebuild. my god we go from BCS talk to well we might beat duke , wf or vandy, glad we dont have to play that fresno powerhouse again.

who all got drafted from that team?

swilling
rudolph
coleman
clay
scisson
bell?

any others? twas only 13 at the time.
wink.gif

MsTA,

Just for the record Sisson played in the NFL for 3 or 4 seasons with Pats and Vikings. He was cut in '97 training camp by the Jags.

-William Bell played for 2 or 3 seasons with the Skins.
-Russell Freeman was a starter with the Broncos for a couple years.
-Coleman Rudolph was in the league for a couple years but the injury bug hit him.

Still you are correct that was more "team" than talent.

Making it is different from being drafted. Eric Zeier was drafted and great college QB at UGA - he did nothing in the NFL.

Winning does that - GT won a NC and all those players played a role - but they didn't make the cut in the NFL.

Great college players - not NFL material. I really don't care - if they can help GT that's all that matters.

how many players from ohio st got drafted in the previous nfl draft. this is truly amazing, we either stand up to uga or be a bunch of wusses.

Originally posted by Axe:
MsTA,

Just for the record Sisson played in the NFL for 3 or 4 seasons with Pats and Vikings. He was cut in '97 training camp by the Jags.

-William Bell played for 2 or 3 seasons with the Skins.
-Russell Freeman was a starter with the Broncos for a couple years.
-Coleman Rudolph was in the league for a couple years but the injury bug hit him.

Still you are correct that was more "team" than talent.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for the info! I was looking to the longevity and NFL experience and staying power. Like John Davis, Lucious Sanford, Kent Hill, Marco Coleman, Willie Clay, Drew Hill, Eddie Lee, Bill Curry, etc. The long timers.

haha, i do that all day on the personal msg board me and my buddies are on.

its currently,

2 jackets(couple others but they dont post much)

2 au tigers

5-6 pups

all i was trying to say was, imho, because im no foozball guru, maybe the talent wasnt as good as we thought it was.

also imho, players drafted, and recruiting rankings to a degree i guess, is indicative of having a "full cupboard.

gt has excelled in neither of these iirc. 15-20 is about the highest recruiting ranking recently right? hmm, hows that for tongue twister.

Originally posted by wggjacket:
haha, i do that all day on the personal msg board me and my buddies are on.

its currently,

2 jackets(couple others but they dont post much)

2 au tigers

5-6 pups

all i was trying to say was, imho, because im no foozball guru, maybe the talent wasnt as good as we thought it was.

also imho, players drafted, and recruiting rankings to a degree i guess, is indicative of having a "full cupboard.

gt has excelled in neither of these iirc. 15-20 is about the highest recruiting ranking recently right? hmm, hows that for tongue twister.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Post more .... a national Top 15-20 ranking is excellent for GT! GT is not a Liberal Arts arena where most of the the Bluechippers go - easier curriculum. For GT to be ranked there is superior. Now, does that mean that they all pan out that way - no.

But, I wouldn't mind having that in recruiting every year!

The goal (Ive heard Chan say this over and over) is to compete for the Championship EVERY year...
BUT, in following GT football for 40 years..I dont EVER believe we have been as short-handed as we are going into this season..If this coaching staff has a Break even 6-6 year they would have done a remarkable job...

I think most here on this board have the same feeling and THUS the gloomy predictions Win/Loss wise..To say i expect us to go 6-6 come say 2005 then NO Certainly NOT..But i will give this staff the usual 3 to 4 year stint to build a Winner. At GT our past history shows that NO NEW HEAD COACH has EVER had INSTANT SUCCESS...PERIOD....

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
The goal (Ive heard Chan say this over and over) is to compete for the Championship EVERY year...
BUT, in following GT football for 40 years..I dont EVER believe we have been as short-handed as we are going into this season..If this coaching staff has a Break even 6-6 year they would have done a remarkable job...

I think most here on this board have the same feeling and THUS the gloomy predictions Win/Loss wise..To say i expect us to go 6-6 come say 2005 then NO Certainly NOT..But i will give this staff the usual 3 to 4 year stint to build a Winner. At GT our past history shows that NO NEW HEAD COACH has EVER had INSTANT SUCCESS...PERIOD....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NO HEAD COACH HAD EVER MADE $900,000.00 PER YEAR HERE PERIOD....

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
[qb]The goal (Ive heard Chan say this over and over) is to compete for the Championship EVERY year...

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">IF WE ARE GONNA GET A VOLKSWAGEN WHY MAKE MONTHLY PAYMENTS ON A LEXUS ?? IF WE ARE GONNA KEEP THIS GUY LET'S PAY HIM AT HIS CURRENT LEVEL OF EXPERTISE .. A COUPLE HUNDRED GRAND... AFTER HIS TRAINING PERIOD IS OVER IN A COUPLE YEARS AND HE STARTS PRODUCING SOMETHING WE'LL CONSIDER A RAISE FOR HIM...

AS the Great Ronald Reagen used to say ...THERE YOU GO AGAIN...Beebad you cant refute FACTS (The fact that NO NEW HEAD COACH OF GT HAS EVER DONE THAT WELL IN HIS 1st 2 to 3 years )So all you can do is spout out NONSENSE.....

fining him for calling bonehead timeouts isnt over the top, imho.

i like gailey at the moment, i dont see how anyone could have done much better with the injuries/qb play last year.

things change after a few beers though. then, i expect perfect execution!

Don't forget about the highest paid assistant ( who happens to be CDB's boy) I had to use that one since someone refered to me as GOL's boy.

What did Heisman and Alexander do in their first years?

Beebad: I agree with the contract argument. Coming in at $900k was high for this coach. I can't remember where O'Leary ended up after 7 seasons but he produced first and moved up as he went along.

I think it was l.2mil after 7 seasons but somebody correct me here if I don't have the correct figure.

Well, if you do pay for a Lexus, you would expect the "owner" (Braine) to service it (support) it (Gailey) when it was needed.

I don't care how much you pay for a car, if you pull a plug out, it will sputter.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
[qb]The goal (Ive heard Chan say this over and over) is to compete for the Championship EVERY year...

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">IF WE ARE GONNA GET A VOLKSWAGEN WHY MAKE MONTHLY PAYMENTS ON A LEXUS ?? IF WE ARE GONNA KEEP THIS GUY LET'S PAY HIM AT HIS CURRENT LEVEL OF EXPERTISE .. A COUPLE HUNDRED GRAND... AFTER HIS TRAINING PERIOD IS OVER IN A COUPLE YEARS AND HE STARTS PRODUCING SOMETHING WE'LL CONSIDER A RAISE FOR HIM...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Your "caps lock" key is stuck. Tap it until the little "caps lock" light goes off on your keyboard, you annoying little whiner, you.

At least you didn't have to type Gailey with the little "g".

Someone mentioned Stoops as an example of needing three years to rebuild. He has only been coach at OU for four years and won a title in his second. That is not to say that I think a coach should win a title in two years.

TML what you are really talking about is attitude and expectations. There are too many who fell into the Homer Rice theory of it was as important to be competitve with Weak and the southern conference teams as it was to beat ugag. Of course, on the field nothing is as important as beating ugag. Nothing. When we develop the kind of program that will avenge 51-7, heck I am still wanting revenge for Goof running up the score, then we will have a program that I think people such as yourself want, along with many others like you. It is always amazing that mediocrity is acceptable on the field, and then you ask people what would you do it the college of architecture or IM were run this way? It is not acceptable.

Back