Curry / G State

Legal Jacket

Dodd-Like
Saw this in today's AJC article re Bill Curry and Paterno:

"Curry said he appreciates all of Georgia State’s fans. However, he said he will make the decisions regarding the staff and those decisions will be made after the season. He also said that he intends to fulfill his contract, which expires in 2013. He will then decide what he wants to do. Athletic director Cheryl Levick said that “Bill is our man,” and repeated an answer from earlier this year that Curry is welcome to coach at Georgia State for as long as he wants."

Are Georgia State fans really calling for people's heads? I guess that 2-7 will do that to you, but if they are asking for Curry, or anyone on his staff, to step down they need a serious reality check.

Saw this in today's AJC article re Bill Curry and Paterno:

"Curry said he appreciates all of Georgia State’s fans. However, he said he will make the decisions regarding the staff and those decisions will be made after the season. He also said that he intends to fulfill his contract, which expires in 2013. He will then decide what he wants to do. Athletic director Cheryl Levick said that “Bill is our man,” and repeated an answer from earlier this year that Curry is welcome to coach at Georgia State for as long as he wants."

Are Georgia State fans really calling for people's heads? I guess that 2-7 will do that to you, but if they are asking for Curry, or anyone on his staff, to step down they need a serious reality check.
I doubt they are calling for his head but, this is the era of instant gratification.

How many seasons has that football team played, and what is their best record thus far?

Well, clearly Curry was just winning with the last guy's recruits. Er...

when you lose to NAIA, Div. II, and bad FCS schools, in a talent rich region and state, people are bound to get nervous no matter what year the program it is.

Doesn't matter, Curry will get plenty of time.

I saw Curry interviewed after the last game and he apologized to all GA State fans for their performance, saying he had no explanation for their "poor play" (I cannot say that he used those exact words). He really looked and sounded disgusted. I make him to be around 70 years old; he has been kicked around at bammer and recently rejected at Tech. Maybe he is just plain tired and getting ready to hang it up.

This is their second season. Last year they went 6-5.

Which is not impressive when you play the likes of Lambuth (a school that has since ceased to exist) and NAIA schools.

If Parking Garage State played a legitimate FCS schedule it would be very bad. This year, with a slightly tougher schedule, you can see the results. If our old evening school of commerce played Georgia Southern, I bet Southern could score 100.

Our old evening school should not have a football program and they are wasting taxpayer money funding it during a really tough budget period. It is irresponsible.

If Curry can't win there, no one will. Curry's a good coach and a better coach than many good I-AA teams will get. But they've dumped a ton of money on that program that the state simply does not have. Meanwhile, tuition skyrockets, fees go up, they offer less classes, and justify spending millions on football? We've got three good programs in this state. That is enough.

That thread is ridiculous. Some of them want to hire Mike Bobo as their HC, and some of them want to keep curry and move up to FBS.

Lets see... Total home attendance: 74588. We have more than that in any two games this season, and we have attendance problems for an FBS school. Talk about delusional. This program won't exist in 5 years.

That good ole John Bond offense that we all know and love

Before Curry showed up, Georgia State had never lost a game. I'd fire him, too.

Which is not impressive when you play the likes of Lambuth (a school that has since ceased to exist) and NAIA schools.

If Parking Garage State played a legitimate FCS schedule it would be very bad. This year, with a slightly tougher schedule, you can see the results. If our old evening school of commerce played Georgia Southern, I bet Southern could score 100.

Our old evening school should not have a football program and they are wasting taxpayer money funding it during a really tough budget period. It is irresponsible.

If Curry can't win there, no one will. Curry's a good coach and a better coach than many good I-AA teams will get. But they've dumped a ton of money on that program that the state simply does not have. Meanwhile, tuition skyrockets, fees go up, they offer less classes, and justify spending millions on football? We've got three good programs in this state. That is enough.

At least you're not biased.

Getting owned by St. Francis - sumpin ain't right. I say a serious ATL discipline problem. The fellas not repectin the ole coach. Going to have to light a fire somehow and Curry's pilot might be about blowed out. Bet he does make some changes though.

have the Curry to Penn State rumors already started?

Feel bad for Coach Curry--a good man and great football coach. He'll turn it around, he ain't the quitting kind. He learned from Dodd and Lombardi.

GSU needs him. Lefty Drisell took them to the NCAAs and they beat the mutts two years in a row! But once he left, the program went down. So I don't think GSU wants to get rid of Curry.

BTW, Joe Hamilton is the RBs coach, don't forget.
Good luck to the Panthers!
We should schedule a home and away series.

It's year 2 of their program, so I wouldn't write them off just yet.

That being said I don't think Curry will be there much longer. He was never a long term solution and he did his job of getting the program off its feet, generated some excitement and revenue early, and got them on the schedule of Bama and UT.

Back