Darren Waller contemplating retirement

Tattoos were once a sign of a free thinking independent, artistic person. Then it became so common place that now it is a sign of being a trend whore.
People with tattoos are 2x as likely to be drug addicts, 50% more likely to have severe anxiety, and the link to mental health is strong enough to prompt the NIH to issue the following guidance: "Finding a tattoo on physical examination should alert the physician to the possibility of an underlying psychiatric condition"

I'm sure the correlations with face tattoos are even stronger.

People with tattoos are 2x as likely to be drug addicts, 50% more likely to have severe anxiety, and the link to mental health is strong enough to prompt the NIH to issue the following guidance: "Finding a tattoo on physical examination should alert the physician to the possibility of an underlying psychiatric condition"

You are going to upset people that think they are unique and interesting because of their tattoos.

You are going to upset people that think they are unique and interesting because of their tattoos.
There was a time long ago early 60’s that tattoo’s on a man’s arm was supposedly a sign of a tough macho man. Sailors were especially fond of tattoos. Then it became popular.

I’ve never heard about this in a decade of training and decade of practice. But are we now trusting the NIH again? Hard to keep track of where you guys leave the goalposts from thread to thread.
Tattoos are trashy, not a medical condition.

I’ve never heard about this in a decade of training and decade of practice. But are we now trusting the NIH again? Hard to keep track of where you guys leave the goalposts from thread to thread.
Tattoos are trashy, not a medical condition.
If somebody has a tattoo on the part of the body you deal with, then it absolutely is a red flag that they've got a medical condition or ten.

Tattoos are a style thing and I respect that. Of course there are people who have tattoos and aren't doing drugs, and vice versa. I think there's probably just a correlation with drugs because of common psychological factors between tattoos and drug use.

He's going to "retire" from paying any attention to anything here after his thread got dooshed up, whole page, cannot tell what the thread is supposed to be about.

Back