Data-driven expansion target analysis with strategic perspectives and insights for long term success

Can you leave folks' families - especially their children - out of your nasty posts here? Thank you.
That wasn't the intent, just meant that Kids see things differently than adults, to a Kid it's just Girls dancing & twisting in front of the Band at Halftime, to a Father he tends to over react and think about the worst case scenario

Over react much @1982Jacket?

If anyone was maybe going to read the OP strategy deck but decided not to based on the subsequent thread…fwiw 99% of it has really nothing to do with HBCU.
I thought seeing where these guys mapped GT and the various comparative metrics was worth a quick read. But hey I’m not busy and pretty easily entertained:-)

A great compilation, some crazy ideas...Look at his proposed playoff on slide 56. The top HBCU gets an auto-bid to the CFP??

Pretty good analysis. Some GT related items that are noteworthy:

* We have a nice size endowment but spend little on the students compared to the top schools
* Our per football player profitability estimate is horrendous
* If we don’t arrest our dramatic plunge in cash flow, we are royally screwed
* Continuation of above, our free cash flow is horrendous

* The Hard Truths (myths slide): GT Institutes strategy/tactic of growing outside of sports carries less risk at less cost
* Clemson is going to hit a brick wall with its spending
* Interesting how GT is portrayed as a unicorn within the ACC
* The fan engagement, local ties slide really shows how far off the chart we are
* We have a relatively sizable fanbase opportunity when measured by access, but perform dismally

We’ve gone all in on the arms race with this latest experiment. If it doesn’t pay off, we are going to tank. Stansbury is in an extraordinarily tenuous position. I’m guessing he has 3 years before we’re basically insolvent.

If anyone is questioning the rationale behind merging with the Big & Pac, read this study. This is a positive move across the board for the ACC, the Pac will need to be incentivized. Believe it or not, they have a strong hand to play.

Back