Dave Braine

Originally posted by jimbobGT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Driver8:
With all due respect,.....your attitude towards Tech Football is why were becoming such a laughing stock. You just don't understand how important college football is here in the South..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">and your type of attitude is what made college football a mess and is making it a lot worse. With the new sliding SAT/GPA scale, the fball recruits might be a lot less qualified than the average student at ALL schools. This is going to create some horrible problems down the road for schools. Look for basket-weaving to actually be a class in the next few years.

If you don't like the way college football is going...please feel free to jump off the train.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You want to tell me who likes the situation of college football today? No, I'm going to be here for Tech and Tech football if we win the national championship or drop to Div III. If you are only going to be around if we win a certain number of games, you jump off.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Friend,.....I'm not going anywhere. I'm Georgian by birth and Yellow Jacket by the Grace of God. The 'Jacket Football program means more to me than you can fathom and your comments tell us all what type of fan you are. Jump off, stay on,.... I just wish you wouldn't talk about Tech Football in public because it gives our rivals more ammunition. And I'll give one bit of advice,....stay clear of the back row of Section 203,....your kind ain't welcome.

GATA JACKETS!!!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Friend,.....I'm not going anywhere. I'm Georgian by birth and Yellow Jacket by the Grace of God. The 'Jacket Football program means more to me than you can fathom and your comments tell us all what type of fan you are. Jump off, stay on,.... I just wish you wouldn't talk about Tech Football in public because it gives our rivals more ammunition. And I'll give one bit of advice,....stay clear of the back row of Section 203,....your kind ain't welcome.

GATA JACKETS!!!!!
[/QUOTE]

You're the one who started the "jump off the train" crap, driver. Somehow, one doesn't get the feeling that your "depths" are so hard to fathom.

Thanks for your post, JimBob.

Belly, The lesson from that, is read the post SLOOOWWLLY, now, and you will note that "shortsighted" is your word, not mine. The point, in case you need it spelled out, is to back FridgeMover's post in identifying admin problems.

If it bothers you that many are pissed off, especially at 51-7, you are in a small little minority pal. Not sure why that fiasco didn't draw some sort of opinion from you vs. your usual one sentence replies to others opinions. But then again, I forgot, you don't care so it's hard to be informed enough to even fake it.

Bisher's article on Clough speaks volumes. Some will wave off Bisher along with Bradley and other Georgia hacks, but I do not. I think he's proven his credibility over the years and is favorable to Tech in most cases.

Anyway, we have had a golden opportunity to upgrade our AD position with Braine going in with hat in hand to bail out if Clough agreed.

He emerges from the office with a vote of confidence no less.

This just goes to show how little Clough thinks of athletics at Georgia Tech and further how little regard he has for the Tech community. Seems the circle of Dukesters and Chapel Hillers he's been pipe smoking with has him emboldened to do as much damage as he can to Wreck Tech.

It's sad but I think that DB is easily offended. There are things that you have to put up with no matter what job you have. You have to know that at this level, criticism comes with an AD or head coaching position. Arrogance seems to be a defense mechanism that he has. His comments did not help himself or TECH. They hurt both. He's not the leader or AD that TECH needs.
behead.gif

Originally posted by jimbobGT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GTwig63:
but he primarily wants the falderol over the present state of the football program to disappear so that he can concentrate on furthering his political ambitions and expanding the campus across the expressway.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think his priorities are just fine. Tech Square IS far more important than any football championship. The potential impact for growth to midtown is absolutely huge. This is a direct investment for the business school. I don't know about his political ambitions, but I'd be proud to serve on some Homeland Security committee if I was asked.

No big-time college president wants sports to be a big priority. While you lost respect for the LG comments, I was happy to know he wasn't going to give in to all the whiners saying we needed to "diversify" our academics. Hell, i don't like the way college football is going. How long before the SEC teams start recruiting players who can't even make 700 on their SATs? Clough did what he thought best for the fball program, unfortunately his ideas flopped. We'll see where we go from here.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, how do you respond to this type of prissy political correctness? I don't believe that Clough is charged by the Board of Regents with growing midtown or serving as head of a Homeland Security committee, but he does have a responsibility for the success of the school's athletic programs which includes ensuring the viability of the football program.

There will always be an endless supply of GT types that will make sure academics don't slip and our research efforts are well funded. We are in no danger now or in the future on that front, but I see an imminent danger that we could become a second tier football school. For my money Clough has not done enough. He needs to be petitioning the Regents to allow GT to offer a degree program in sports management, or a joint degree program in education with Georgia State, or anything that will allow us to attract and keep Division I caliber athletes in school.

The sad part is that the holier than thou PC attitude of jimbob and bellyseries and their ilk is too prevalent throughout the GT community and makes it even more likely that we could become a football backwater. Personally I'll be glad to trade some research dollars or Tech Square for some 300 lb. linemen that stay in school and play for four years.

Jimbob, care to priss over for a cup of tea?

Guys with "Jim Bob" and "belly" in their names are notoriously PC, and I guess Twiggy caught us out.

Personally I'll be glad to trade some research dollars or Tech Square for some 300 lb. linemen that stay in school and play for four years.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
He needs to be petitioning...or anything that will allow us to attract and keep Division I caliber athletes in school.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wow. Well, I think those two quotes summarize your opinions. You are seriously suggesting creating joint degree programs just for football? Sorry, I don't agree.

Where is your limit? What will you not do to attract and keep football players? You are willing to change our curriculum for athletics, what else is left?

BTW, PC is when you want to include everyone, whether or not they are qualified. Setting standards is not PC.

Back