DAVID BRAINE's Part In This....

Father WASP

Flats Noob
DAVID BRAINE\'s Part In This....

When I saw Parker, Wilkerson and Henderson sucking mountain air and busting their ass for Georgia Tech, I kept thinking is their anyone we can send in to get a fresh pass rush and give them a breather for a few plays.

Alas, one can look down the bench and get the same feeling our JV coaches must have felt in those final years of the Thanksgiving game vs. Georgia using about 20 players from the student body.

Then, I thought of those 10 players, most of which were defense such as Hargro ve, and I got pissed thinking about what Braine and Carol Moore must be thinking.

I don't intend to let him off the hook - the players deserve better from those in positions of responsibility.

Re: DAVID BRAINE\'s Part In This....

Wasp..

I agree with you completely.. in my opinion, the losses on the defensive side of the ball will hurt us much more this year than deciding to start a true freshman QB... if we had just had a couple of people to rotate in on the DL last night, maybe some of those BYU drives would not have been sustained.. and our offense would have had a chance to get in sync a little better..

Hats off to the those who played last night..

Originally posted by Father WASP:
When I saw Parker, Wilkerson and Henderson sucking mountain air and busting their ass for Georgia Tech, I kept thinking is their anyone we can send in to get a fresh pass rush and give them a breather for a few plays.

Alas, one can look down the bench and get the same feeling our JV coaches must have felt in those final years of the Thanksgiving game vs. Georgia using about 20 players from the student body.

Then, I thought of those 10 players, most of which were defense such as Hargro ve, and I got pissed thinking about what Braine and Carol Moore must be thinking.

I don't intend to let him off the hook - the players deserve better from those in positions of responsibility.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">As everyone here knows, I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU 100%.

I'll join you in wishing Braine a fond farewell but I will put at least 50% of the load on the kids. I suspect there is a high correlation between class attendance, seeking tuitor assistance, and good grades.

And not one word of responsibility laid on DB's boss, the idiot clough.

Textinger you are right. Omission of Clough's part would be wrong.

My prediction on how this will go down?

This team will win a couple of games this year but pretty much be a disaster.

Braine will fire Gailey in order to save his own hide.

We will have to start over with a new staff next year with Clough/Braine still tooting around on how well the "Olympic Sports" are doing and how our attendance shot up this year (albeit from Clemson, Auburn and Georgia people). Clough -Braine will be around to get our program so far in the ditch that by the time a new coach is hired to take on Miami and VA Tech we will have to build from the ground up.

Before a defense of Braine is put forth and the usual lectures on how it was the responsibility of the players, let me remind you that Braine himself took responsibility, but also Hargrove would be currently lining up on Sat. for about 98% of the schools in the NCAA. So when our guys are blocking and tackling AGAINST the Hollings and Hargrove's, sit back smugly and think of how proud you are of that Tech academic reputation that wasn't compromised for a football program.

71, if cdb knew what the facts were, and he told us, you would realize that the load does not rest with the kids. Do the kids have some responsibility, "Hell Yes". But, if they are getting incorrect and piss poor guidance, then someone else is to blame. People are finally realizing that 10 kids should never, never flunk out, especially freshmen. If you go back and look at the press releases on those freshman, they were "allegedly" better students that what was previously recruited. Clough, Braine, and Moore have the blood on their hands, and they all still have jobs. None of them have truly admitted any culpability, and never will.

Gen,

I'm glad to hear you admit the kids have some responsibility for the outcome; that your first of 12 steps....

That reminds me I need a 12 pack
wink.gif

I'm a drunk, not an alcoholic because I don't go to meetings.
drinking.gif

It is always the least who suffer the most. In this case it is the SA's.

Originally posted by Father WASP:

So when our guys are blocking and tackling AGAINST the Hollings and Hargrove's, sit back smugly and think of how proud you are of that Tech academic reputation that wasn't compromised for a football program.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for helping to put this in perspective. I WILL actually be proud of the fact that we aren't like many schools that would "compromise" their academic reputation for a football program.

And if you seriously think we should have compromised our academic reputation (any more than we already do) for the football program - your priorities are skewed.

The day we do that is the day I walk away. I didn't go to Georgia Tech because I was hoping that 30 years down the road they would sell their souls for a few "Ws" in a football game.

Originally posted by getwrecked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Father WASP:

So when our guys are blocking and tackling AGAINST the Hollings and Hargrove's, sit back smugly and think of how proud you are of that Tech academic reputation that wasn't compromised for a football program.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for helping to put this in perspective. I WILL actually be proud of the fact that we aren't like many schools that would "compromise" their academic reputation for a football program.

And if you seriously think we should have compromised our academic reputation (any more than we already do) for the football program - your priorities are skewed.

The day we do that is the day I walk away. I didn't go to Georgia Tech because I was hoping that 30 years down the road they would sell their souls for a few "Ws" in a football game.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My thoughts exactly. If cheating is more important than winning, go pull for the team in Athens.

Thank you Padre, Wasp, and Textinger among all others... It is time to let it all hang out; punish the guilty and reward the innocent. I have never had the slightest inkling that Clough had a modicum of concern/interest about football at Tech. If I am correct, then all progress made will be in spite of him and not due credit to him at all. All lack of progress will first (by the masses) be heaped on an innocent, duped, Chan.
Braine will rise or fall with Clough.
The powers that be (in my unlearned, guessing, uninformed, outside opinion) will just find another coach and let the President serve in his ordinary, profunctory capacity with little to no accountability re: football, or most anything else that matters to the public. Hell, with "powers" like these, it is difficult to remain a Tech FAn.
Fighting against city hall is a walk in the park compared to this elevated beaurocratic existince labeled, "The Hill". Obviously, the money boys have thier minds on something other than athletics (in general) and football (specifically). There are existing ivory towers not only in academia, but in administration (a-z) as well.
Pres. Clough, it is time for you to grow ashamed for the lack of progress in G.T. football(!) your lack of concern for same, And it is time for you to something about it: else it is time for you to make a public, honest statement saying "you do not give a damn"!!!!!

I'm not for letting anyone off the hook, but I'm still waiting for someone to explain what it was that Moore did or didn't do that "made" those guys flunk out. The only thing I've heard is that some of them skipped enough classes to flunk. If that's not it, what exactly did happen? Those of you who say they would have been eligible at 98% of other schools, what made them ineligible at Tech? Are you saying the other schools would have given them their grades? Or are you assuming that at 98% of the other schools the coaches would have known they were skipping and would have kicked their butts back to class?

I really would like to know if in fact anyone on here does. And I'm not defending Moore. I said at the time she should have been removed and I'm glad she was. Just trying to understand.

But I will say one more thing. It was posted on Stingtalk by someone who claims they knew, that one player finishing his 3rd year had a 1.9 GPA prior to spring semester and was worried about his "tough" class schedule. I said then and I'll say it again, that 1.9 worries me a lot. How the hell did he get that far and have a 1.9? Given that I'd say ANY class schedule was going to be pretty hard.

I will not defend Braine nor crucify him. I will state emphatically he had nothing to do with last night's loss to BYU.

Personally, I believe their coaches called a better game, both offensively and defensively, than out coaches. We had a chance to put them away early and scored two field goals instead of TDs, missed on a couple of sure passes for a TD, and our defensive strategy was lousy.

Two out of three of those areas were coaching, the other was player failures on the two missed passes for TDs. The biggest failure was defensive strategy.

Father Time

10 players flunking out is unacceptable for any program. GT is a tougher school than most to attend but everyone in the athletic department should know that. Stanford and Notre Dame manage to keep their athletes eligable (no flames for that comparison please). While it was the responsiblity of each of those kids to actually attend class, 98% of the other Div-1A programs have people that at least keep track of which of their 'student' athletes is actually going to class. At Ohio State they even have people to make sure that they pass those classes. That 10 players flunked out is a failing of the football program also.

At least GT had the integrity to flunk them, even though last night was the result, than to cover it up or allow them to take makeup oral exams. If you want to destroy the great academic legacy of the school for a football W then stay away from GT! There is a school in Athens that could use your help!

Top ten reasons why GT will beat Auburn
10: Chan Gailey
9: Reggie Ball
8: ACC referees
7: ACC referees
6: ACC referees
5: ACC referees
4: ACC referees
3: ACC referees
2: ACC referees
1: ACC referees

Besides being just plain bad refs how much did we pay them?

Who said anything about cheating? Check out General Wood's post this summer about the policies at Tech, like rounding down and forcing a withdraw from class to be averaged into the GPA.

I heard Braine is the 4th highest paid AD in country. I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is what a sorry way to waste money.

Yes, Tech is a hard school. But the academies have quite an academic oversight program because they understand the time challenge that other activities take out of a student's day.

NorCross....

GT did NOT pay the referees last night and that's just baloney, the thought of cash changing hands and sullying the school's reputation is preposterous....

They simply made sure the school used their construction firms in the stadium expansion.

Ahso, no one knows for sure if had anything to do with last nights loss or not, nor will we ever know.

I do know this - you put Tony Hollings at running back, Tony Hargrove at def. end and throw in some others on the def. front and it would have been alot closer than it was.

Father WASP....

Could'a would'a should'a... BYU lost their star /All American OLB - Paul Walkenhorst to a back injury and then played without their star 1000 yard tailback who was injured just prior to the game. You could be right, but how good would BYU have played with their guys. No one can know and a team is made up of the best 24 guys you've got on hand. BYU's were better than Georgia Tech's! Tech needs to concentrate on how to defeat a one dimensional Auburn team that will be coming off an emotional game with USC. TECH has more time to prepare than Auburn and gets the Eagles at home. Go TECH, beat them!

Hate to break it to you Norcross but there will SEC refs at Bobby Dodd for the Auburn game.

Back