DAVID BRAINE's Part In This....

Re: DAVID BRAINE\'s Part In This....

I have been following Tech sports since 1973 and I cannot remember one man that has been disliked across the board as Dave Braine. Since we are paying him over 500,000 we should of took his offered resignation. My choice for a replacement would be To hire Stansbury from Oregon State as our AD in charge of the day to day operation of our program. We could easily hire him in 200000 range. For the money left over I would hire Bobby Cremins to be our Public Relations AD. He could still live in Hilton Head for all I care, but in the 80's he rescued Ga. Tech athletics. He might have not been as successful in his latter years, but I have never heard a Tech fan ever attacked the man personally. He need to go and speak to every Tech club and get all Tech fans on the same page.
He always loved Ga TEch and I thing everyone at Tech got a lot of respect for him. WE need someone with some charisma that our current AD and coaches lack

Park said
My thoughts exactly. If cheating is more important than winning, go pull for the team in Athens
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Funny how that only applies to sports. 250 students cheating in computer class and no one gets kicked out of school, no that is REAL academic standards.

Originally posted by DaveTech:
Park said </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> My thoughts exactly. If cheating is more important than winning, go pull for the team in Athens
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Funny how that only applies to sports. 250 students cheating in computer class and no one gets kicked out of school, no that is REAL academic standards.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dave, that cheating is the result of the CoC defining talking to classmates about HW as "cheating"

Get your facts straight. I had friends in those classes. CoC profs are clueless about non-CS students.

Originally posted by Sports Forum West:
Father WASP....

Could'a would'a should'a... BYU lost their star /All American OLB - Paul Walkenhorst to a back injury and then played without their star 1000 yard tailback who was injured just prior to the game. You could be right, but how good would BYU have played with their guys. No one can know and a team is made up of the best 24 guys you've got on hand. BYU's were better than Georgia Tech's! Tech needs to concentrate on how to defeat a one dimensional Auburn team that will be coming off an emotional game with USC. TECH has more time to prepare than Auburn and gets the Eagles at home. Go TECH, beat them!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How can you compare losing 2 players with losing roughly 20% of your 2-deep roster? We had a 230 lb linebacker playing DL and he was backed up by a 220lb linebacker (and a freshmen no less). We lost 5 of the 8 2 deep on the DL. Also, there is no comparision between Whalen and Hollings. Hollings had 800 yards in 4 games last year and was our entire offense in the BYU win last year. BYU still might of won, but our losses were DEVASTATING and will haunt us all year.

Your right about 1 thing though, our entire season will be coulda woulda shoulda's.

Back