David Sims...

thanks for the name, here is the AJC story on his leaving. had "nothing" to do with football according to the article

By MATT WINKELJOHN
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 06/13/08
Jamaal Evans, listed as a starting running back for Georgia Tech after spring practice, has left the team, coach Paul Johnson confirmed.
Johnson did not say why the 5-foot-8, 193-pound Evans, who would have been a junior this season, left.
"Jamaal Evans is not in school," Johnson said. "This doesn't have anything to do with football."
Evans was the Yellow Jackets' fifth-leading rusher last season, with 217 yards and two touchdowns on 32 carries. The Irving, Texas, native also rushed 41 times for 215 yards and two touchdowns as a freshman.
Although leading rusher Tashard Choice is now with the NFL's Dallas Cowboys, Tech returns its No. 2 and No. 3 rushers in running back Jonathan Dwyer (82 rushes, 436 yards) and quarterback Josh Nesbitt (53 rushes, 339 yards). Rashaun Grant, who was Tech's No. 4 rusher, was a senior and is gone.
The departure of Evans, who last season also returned a team-high 25 kickoffs for 519 yards, leaves former wide receivers Greg Smith, a junior, Andrew Smith, a senior, and Jonathan Malone, a junior, on the depth chart at one "A-back" position. That's a slot back spot in Johnson's offense.
Dwyer is listed as the starter at "B back," which typically lines up behind the quarterback.
At the other A-back spot, redshirt freshman Roddy Jones, former tight end Austin Barrick and redshirt freshman Paul Reese are listed on the depth chart.
Tech's incoming freshman class includes at least two running backs who fit the size and speed parameters usually associated with Johnson's A backs.
Embry Peeples (5-10, 170) of Orlando and Marcus Wright (5-7, 170) of San Antonio were both considered among the faster high school backs in their respective states.
Johnson also said that incoming freshman Jon Lockhart of Blountstown, Fla., who was recruited as a defensive back, also may start summer practice at A-back.

an offensive linemen was suppose to be an a-back :wow: no wonder ppl picked us to finish last in the acc last season.

an offensive linemen was suppose to be an a-back :wow: no wonder ppl picked us to finish last in the acc last season.

I loved it last year that we rolled up around 800 yards combined between UGA and Miami with him starting and you could look him up at the time on the roster and he was still listed there as a wide receiver.

That ought to make people wonder how good this offense will be when the whole OL is made up of guys who were supposed to be there from the start of their careers.

If what we've got here is failure to communicate, CPJ will make sure he gets his mind right!

I think the kid was just a little fustrated nothing more. It is a big step from High School to College. Davis will be fine I'm sure.

I think the kid was just a little fustrated nothing more. It is a big step from High School to College. Davis will be fine I'm sure.

From what I heard it was more a physical issue than a mental one, something a bit more understandable from a true freshmen unused to the college conditioning. From what I remember that kind of thing kicked Jaybo's ass last year in the long term.

Back