Defense!

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
This is the most important thing to point out. No team in that situation does well. We are going to do terribly. All I'm trying to say is everybody here needs to heavily invest in butthurt futures or they're going to have an emotional breakdown when we go 0-fer in the ACC.
I'm ok with ACC losses as long as we beat Duke.....and UNC, and VT. I hate Miami so we need to beat them too. Can't lose to the snobs of UVA. We owe Pitt one, so need that victory and Thursday night against NCST at BDS? Can't lose that one either.

May as well beat UGAg this year too. SEC sux

odw

Jolly Good Fellow
Through two games both Carpenter and Thomas are in the top 6 in solo tackles. Carpenter, Thomas, Henderson and Jackson are top 20 for TFL. Swilling tied for 2nd in passes defended.

Really excited about watching this defense continue to improve.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Through two games both Carpenter and Thomas are in the top 6 in solo tackles. Carpenter, Thomas, Henderson and Jackson are top 20 for TFL. Swilling tied for 2nd in passes defended.

What is really strange is that there don't seem to be a lot of passes the other way from Swilling. Walton must be playing pretty well. He got beat that one time against Clemson but watching Clemson playing other teams (Bama and Texas AM) and by comparison our DBs did incredible.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.

We were really, really, really close to some picks Saturday. Tight coverage

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
I was about to post this. The line looked fantastic. Lots of pressure. DBs locked down their receivers. Still need improvement at middle linebacker but overall a great game.

You old farts should appreciate good D.
We do!!

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
Only play that made me cringe was the early 3rd Down in our end where Curry was covering the WR drag and looked like he was running in sand. Other than that not much to complain about.

T Swilling is a beast. Carpenter was all over the field. Secondary already looks really, really good. We might end up with 2 or 3 on all conference teams. That’s two solid pass defense games already.

Decent QB pressure although I’m cautious to get too excited about that until I see it sustained against some better competition.

Overall very pleased.
If Curry only had some speed he would be one heck of a FB player, but he can't help that he was not gifted with speed. That play you refer to stuck with me the most about our defense, but at the same time looks like the true FR Knight has some wheels on him @ LB. When I watch our defense, I see where length and speed makes a world of difference and it seems that is what we're recruiting. Need to get some really good DTs for our inside DL as we all know.