Demetris Robertson Transferring from Cal

Looking at the game log from 2016, he had a huge game against Washington State, but they got their ass handed to them 56-21 (WSU had 654 yards of offense). Hell, they gave up 511 points that year, 42 points a game, while scoring 445 points, 37 points a game. So they were basically doing the typical Pac12 no defense strategy of letting the other team score quickly so they could get the ball back. Cal is a horrible, horrible team.

Cal1.JPG

I think GT needs to rethink this rule for SA's considering most of the ones playing football from freshman year wouldn't be at GT if they weren't there to play football. Those guys don't have to follow the same standards to get in as every other student, they just have to pass the minimum requirements right? Otherwise they would need to be in a pool of applicants that are some of the best in the country (edit to world) right?
Should we really change our rules, rules that help to define the uniqueness that is Georgia Tech, just for one player, who may or may not turn out to be good? C'mon, man. It's just a game. :dunno:

Should we really change our rules, rules that help to define the uniqueness that is Georgia Tech, just for one player, who may or may not turn out to be good? C'mon, man. It's just a game. :dunno:
He would come in likely as an A back anyway. We already have speed and talent there. He might not even be able to catch on to our offense. I prefer our WR's to look like Stephen Dolphus - 6'5", 215 lbs or so.

For 85 or so football players who already wouldn't be at the school if not for football it's dumb if we don't. IF his scores from cal suggest he could work at GT and IF he wanted to attend the school is only hurting itself.

If it means beating the mutts and being more competitive each year, I say Yes. My degree won't be hurt by it - nor will yours.

No non-Tech fan believes that Stephon Marbury and Kenny Anderson made great scores on their SAT or did outstanding in Emag!

He would come in likely as an A back anyway. We already have speed and talent there. He might not even be able to catch on to our offense. I prefer our WR's to look like Stephen Dolphus - 6'5", 215 lbs or so.
Robertson couldn't block?

Absolutely, change them for all athletes. It would do nothing but help GTs reputation. It might make people think of us like they do Duke, Stanford or Notre Dame, which they currently do not do. However, the powers that be at GT will never be smart enough to realize this.

Transferring into Tech is incredibly easy... as long as you've passed calculate and two lab sciences. If you went to Cal and majored in something other than engineering or science, you probably don't have those courses and aren't eligible to transfer in.

Yeah that is why we have had MBB transfers from ole miss, bama, ut, and at least one FB from auburn.

Many are determined to kill GT with excuses.

Such bullcrap.

Course, the real problem is CPJ, again, could not close the deal to start with.

Yeah that is why we have had MBB transfers from ole miss, bama, ut, and at least one FB from auburn.

Many are determined to kill GT with excuses.

Such bullcrap.

Course, the real problem is CPJ, again, could not close the deal to start with.
Weren't most of those guys graduate transfers?

Back