Demetris Robertson Transferring from Cal

Transferring into Tech is incredibly easy... as long as you've passed calculate and two lab sciences. If you went to Cal and majored in something other than engineering or science, you probably don't have those courses and aren't eligible to transfer in.

öööö him again. Hope he gets used to the consistent smell of piss.

Transferring into Tech is incredibly easy... as long as you've passed calculate and two lab sciences. If you went to Cal and majored in something other than engineering or science, you probably don't have those courses and aren't eligible to transfer in.
I’m sure that’s it. It probably has nothing to do with catching 50 passes as a Freshman at Cal and the chance to play in the air attack at GT. Seems like every 5* receiver would want to play here.

I’m sure that’s it. It probably has nothing to do with catching 50 passes as a Freshman at Cal and the chance to play in the air attack at GT. Seems like every 5* receiver would want to play here.
The question was whether or not GT pursued him. I bet being ineligible to attend Tech would impact the decision of the staff on whether or not to pursue a transfer.

The question was whether or not GT pursued him. I bet being ineligible to attend Tech would impact the decision of the staff on whether or not to pursue a transfer.
Does GT do this because of the NCAA rules about progressing toward a degree or are these just GT rules?

Does GT do this because of the NCAA rules about progressing toward a degree or are these just GT rules?
GT rules for transfer students (all students).

You don’t need to take Calculus to get a BSBA degree if you start at GT as a freshman, but you do need Calculus for a BSBA degree if you transfer in.

GT rules for transfer students (all students).

You don’t need to take Calculus to get a BSBA degree if you start at GT as a freshman, but you do need Calculus for a BSBA degree if you transfer in.
I think GT needs to rethink this rule for SA's considering most of the ones playing football from freshman year wouldn't be at GT if they weren't there to play football. Those guys don't have to follow the same standards to get in as every other student, they just have to pass the minimum requirements right? Otherwise they would need to be in a pool of applicants that are some of the best in the country (edit to world) right?

Last edited:
I think GT needs to rethink this rule for SA's considering most of the ones playing football from freshman year wouldn't be at GT if they weren't there to play football. Those guys don't have to follow the same standards to get in as every other student, they just have to pass the minimum requirements right? Otherwise they would need to be in a pool of applicants that are some of the best in the country (edit to world) right?

The Calculus requirement to transfer in is a minimum requirement and applies to all. Personally, I would change admissions to be similar to the new model MIT is testing (anyone can take 5 courses, do well on those 5 courses and you’re in) but that wouldn’t help S-A’s.

Back