DEPTH CHART

tommie

Varsity Lurker
From looking at our depth chart we could still have a good team granted no more player are drop due to (you know what) i care not to bring that topic up. Anyway this is the way i see our depth chart at the start of the season. OFFENSE WR Nate Curry
Levon Thomas
Chris Dunlap

LT Nat Dorsey
Eddy Parker
Will Hardy

LG Leon Robinson
Andy Tidwell-Neal
Matt Rhodes

C HUgh Reilly
Clay Hartley
Kevin Tuminello

RG Brad Honeycutt
Saih Besirevic
Ben Jackson

RT Kyle Wallace
Jeremy Phillips
Garren Findlay

TE John Paul Foschi
George Cooper
Gavin Tarquinio
Corey Wallace
Joseph Rearden

QB Damarius Bilbo
AJ Suggs
Reggie Ball
Pat Carter
Brain Camp

FB Michael Matthews
Jimmy Dixon
Johnathan Jackson
Brain Johnson
Kyle Pupello
Gavin Bourgeois

TB PJ daniels
Ajenavi Eziemefe
Reshaun Grant
Jermaine Hatch ( ALSO LOOK FOR SOMEBODY TO CHANGE POSITION AND COME TO TB)

WR Jonathan Smith
Xavier McGuire
Mark Logan
Eddie Ivery JR

DEFENSE

DE Greg Gathers
Darius Williams
Adamm Oliver

DT Travis Parker
Omar Billy
Mansfield Wrotto

DT Terron Pullen
Leshawn Newberry
Brad Brezina

DE Eric Henderson
Joe Anoai
Chirod Williams

LB Ather Brown
Tabugbo Anyansi
KaMichael Hall

LB Daryl Smith
Nick Moore

LB Keyaron Fox
Gerris Wilkinson
Phillip Wheeler

CB Reuben Houston
Kenny Scott
I-Perfection Harris ( possible move)
Sam Williams

CB Jonathan Cox
Dennis Davis
Venice Gilliam
Brain Fleuridor

FS James Bulter
Avery Roberson
Nathan Burton
Jerry Coffee

SS Dawan Landry
Chris Reis
Joe Gaston
Jack Rogers

P Andy Thomson
Hal Higgins

PK Dan Burnett
David Jordan

HO Hal Higgins

SN Andrew Economos

OK guys/gals this is just what i think please feel free to put your input in because i am subject to change
grin.gif

I agree and it is time to lay off the CG bashing.

All this team needs is coaching. We will know after a couple of weeks where we stand.

The man was hired to do a job and he has his staff in there.

It's scary to see how thin the offensive line is. One backup at tackle is a true freshman. Also, I thought there were some questions on Jeremy Phillips knee and he's the other backup. Is there any possibility Sidney Ford could come back? Running back is thin. I hope Rashuan Grant can step in and play. Finally, I hope they take a look at Dennis Davis at receiver. He has speed to burn and if I'm not mistaken, he was a highly touted receiver coming out of high school.

There could be all kinds of moves across the board to fill positions but you are both right 1. We are very thin in alot of positions and 2. We as fans need to come togather and pull for this team and the coaches

Tommie, does your depth chart include the transfer offensive lineman from Morris Brown? I don't remember his name.

As for RB, I'm guessing that Grant will be given every opportunity. There are lots of freshman running backs who've made decent impacts right away. Carnell Williams from Auburn, T.A McClendon at NC State to name a couple. I'm doubting that Sidney Ford will get a chance to come back. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember coaches saying last year that they didn't want to take any more chances on him.

Originally posted by JacketFanPCB:
Tommie, does your depth chart include the transfer offensive lineman from Morris Brown? I don't remember his name.

As for RB, I'm guessing that Grant will be given every opportunity. There are lots of freshman running backs who've made decent impacts right away. Carnell Williams from Auburn, T.A McClendon at NC State to name a couple. I'm doubting that Sidney Ford will get a chance to come back. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember coaches saying last year that they didn't want to take any more chances on him.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes as a matter of fact i am missing the big 300 lb ol from morris brown THANKS! I also think your right about our incoming freshman running back i hope he's everything that people say he is. As for sidney ford i think your right about him also. KEEP IT COMING GUYS/GALS

I'M REALLY LOOKING FOR MY BUDDY GTT TO GIVE US SOME MORE INFORMATION ON PLAYERS!!!!!!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Curious about something. We all feel like we're thin on the O-Line. I count 15 guys on the depth chart above plus the transfer. Is that really short of depth compared to the norm? How many do most D-1A teams have? Are we thin on numbers or experience?

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Curious about something. We all feel like we're thin on the O-Line. I count 15 guys on the depth chart above plus the transfer. Is that really short of depth compared to the norm? How many do most D-1A teams have? Are we thin on numbers or experience?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think experience when you go to the 2 deep.Our starters have a lot of experience our backups not much.The other thing is i don't know if Jeremy Phillips will be 100% this year or not.

The defense looks pretty good, especially at LB. We'll need them to fill some holes, especially against Auburn. Running back isn't too bad if you have Bilbo causing a diversion at QB. Suggs ain't gonna run anywhere. Maybe we could run some wishbone and have four potentials coming out of the backfield. At 6-3 220 (maybe bigger now?) with his quickness and arm strength, Bilbo has to come forward and take over this team.

We are definitely incredibly thin along the OL and DL...and the trenches are where games are won or lost.

This is particularly tough since we will have a new QB and maybe a true freshman at TB.

There will be some growing pains...but definitely a lot of talent to work with in spots...particularly first string defense (LB, DE, and DB's)

btw...the lineman that transfered in, and immed. eligible is OT Kenton Johnson (6-6, 310).

I think the OL will be good but the key position is QB if we are to have a good season. COME ON DBO I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

This team still has a good amount of talent. If a team like this could gel tightly with one another, and work hard for each other, then there is no way we wont be busting heads in the fall. Many teams will be scared if this squad gets fired up, I promise.

2 comments: 1. I thought at the end of spring drills they moved Matthews out of the FB spot.

2. Based on his spring play, Brezina is not a 3rd team DT. That kid can play. Quite a motor!

What is the word on LeRon Lee? I thought he was pretty highly thought of coming out of HS. I know he had to take a year off due to an injury or medical condition but it seems now would be a great time for him to step in at DT or DE. Anyone know how he's doing?

And while I'm thinking about it, if we need beef inside, why not put 25lbs on Darius Williams and move him inside. A 6'6 290lbs DT sounds good to me. Any thoughts?

I also have a hunch that another position change is in the offing. Maybe one of our many DBs or one of the incoming frosh that played both ways in HS.

Also really pulling for Phillips. He made a good contribution last year before having the knee scare (tweaked it in a game but apparently was unrelated to the previous injury). If the extra rehab/time has helped his knee his presence along with the new man from Morris Brown would be enormous. Those are couple of BIG men right there and Jeremy was all-ACC caliber before the knee injury, IMO.

I have hope welling up in my soul. IMO, if the QB comes around, this will be a tuff team. The defense just needs the offense to make some points and grind out first downs in order to give them rest and optimism.

Come on Debo!!!!!! We are pulling and praying for you.

I beelieve this could be a surprising team, the dynamics of shifting personnel and game plans could produce excitment for the fans that otherwise would not be there, but could also produce a disaster, either way I support the team and coaches fully. I can just imagine what I would feel like in their shoes.

Originally posted by GTechsta:
2 comments: 1. I thought at the end of spring drills they moved Matthews out of the FB spot.

2. Based on his spring play, Brezina is not a 3rd team DT. That kid can play. Quite a motor!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gtechsta i have not heard about that move but maybe somebody in the know can shed some light on it

Brezina i didn't know much about can you tell us more of what you thought of him? THANKS

Originally posted by DTech:
What is the word on LeRon Lee? I thought he was pretty highly thought of coming out of HS. I know he had to take a year off due to an injury or medical condition but it seems now would be a great time for him to step in at DT or DE. Anyone know how he's doing?

And while I'm thinking about it, if we need beef inside, why not put 25lbs on Darius Williams and move him inside. A 6'6 290lbs DT sounds good to me. Any thoughts?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">DTech i have ask about Leron Lee many times and nobody seems to know anything if anybody has heard anything please let us know

Also for all those that attended practice what do you all thing about beefing up D.Williams and putting him at DT?

Originally posted by gnats 67:
I also have a hunch that another position change is in the offing. Maybe one of our many DBs or one of the incoming frosh that played both ways in HS.

Also really pulling for Phillips. He made a good contribution last year before having the knee scare (tweaked it in a game but apparently was unrelated to the previous injury). If the extra rehab/time has helped his knee his presence along with the new man from Morris Brown would be enormous. Those are couple of BIG men right there and Jeremy was all-ACC caliber before the knee injury, IMO.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">gnats 67 i'm in on that with you changes will be made to better this football team let's just hope all the right moves are made.

I think Jeremy Phillips was all Acc caliber as well and i'm still hoping he returns 100%. The OL from morris brown if he is good might be needed right away.

Back