DEPTH CHART

Originally posted by AlaGold:
"Depth"chart for this team is an oxymoron to some degree.
Even so,there is a possibility that if all could come together-- 1. good QB play 2.no injuries on DL or OL 3.the DBs step up 4.punt/kicker be decent- this team might be competitive and successful, but CG has got to do better coaching job than last year..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">AlaGold just about every post on this board is an oxymoron to some degree,but i agree with you .OUR COACHES MUST DO A BETTER JOB THAN THEY DID LAST YEAR. I believe they will

Originally posted by JJacket:
Maybe we could run some wishbone and have four potentials coming out of the backfield.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I love this idea. The way Joe ran the wishbone was magic and I'd love to see us get back to running this again.

This is a talented team, with very much potential. There are some gaps but I think that those who fill them will step up.

These are the kind of discussions I love being in with Tech fans. Here's to a great season.
drinking.gif

The very reason i started this topic was to bring a more postive post to this forum so for so good.

I hope we have a great season NO I known we are going to have a great season!!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif
blue.gif

"Depth"chart for this team is an oxymoron to some degree.
Even so,there is a possibility that if all could come together-- 1. good QB play 2.no injuries on DL or OL 3.the DBs step up 4.punt/kicker be decent- this team might be competitive and successful, but CG has got to do better coaching job than last year..

Gailey's comments at the newan club that he can see where GT is going to be in football is the same way i see it.

1. He believes that we have the talent on the team now (me too)
2.He believes we have the players coming in to the programthis fall that will help.
3.He likes his coaching staff
4.he was very uplifting at the meeting
4.he's ready to play football He also said that the Gt football program is 3-5 years away from where he would like it to be (FROM WHERE HE WOULD LIKE IT TO BE)he didn't say we could not win now. Come on guys look at the DEPTH CHART we are lacking depth in some places.Every coach likes to be strong 3 deep thats his goal and we are not there yet.

I believe that CCG can deliver. It may take more than 2 seasons. It may take 3, but I believe that 2 things will bear on how fast it comes: first QB play rising up above last year, and secondly loss of players from injuries and grades. Please join me in praying for our team and for coach.
smile.gif

Are you kidding us?
1) We dont know who is going to be dismissed after summer school.

2) We lost 51-7 and to a pathetic Fresno St. team.

I hope the depth chart actually changes before BYU.

No. Iwant to be talking about how we have a program- not something that we have right now. I hope I am surprised this year (2000 was a fun year)

Jacket, tell me when or what Joe ran the wishbone. As far as depth goes, we are thin everywhere, but what we do have as far as first team goes is ok. Lord knows things could change DRASTICALLY for the worse if we loose 6 to 10 more to academics! Then there are the usual number of injuries to worry about. I'll say with what we have RIGHT NOW we could win 6 games at best. The schedule is too tough and the depth is a primary concern. If we loose 10 more players for what ever reason then 2 games wom at best. Forget about any mumbo jumbo wishbone. I love Tech football, but until we know more of our academic casualties there is no use getting excited.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
Are you kidding us?
1) We dont know who is going to be dismissed after summer school.

2) We lost 51-7 and to a pathetic Fresno St. team.

I hope the depth chart actually changes before BYU.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">1.We might not lose any players after summer school

2. We bet Va. and NcSt

I hope some fonts will get all the neg out of them and this is not a slam on any of you. Point of the matter is it is easy to think the worst but great men have faith. You show me the bad i will show you the good.

Originally posted by techrod:
Jacket, tell me when or what Joe ran the wishbone. As far as depth goes, we are thin everywhere, but what we do have as far as first team goes is ok. Lord knows things could change DRASTICALLY for the worse if we loose 6 to 10 more to academics! Then there are the usual number of injuries to worry about. I'll say with what we have RIGHT NOW we could win 6 games at best. The schedule is too tough and the depth is a primary concern. If we loose 10 more players for what ever reason then 2 games wom at best. Forget about any mumbo jumbo wishbone. I love Tech football, but until we know more of our academic casualties there is no use getting excited.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OK TECHROD TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD.Do you not agree with any of the fonts above that had good things to say about our team?
confused.gif

Tommie, I appreciate all your replys to me, that being said in sincerety I agree that the first team is some quality, Chan has a lot of experience, and I really do bleed white and gold. But this academic mess we are in REALLY CONCERNS me. I understand Chan is trying to get a handle on this, and if he suceeds then we might be ok. for the future. I am truly pulling for him for I believe NOW that he is totally committed to the task at hand. I believe he is a good judge of talent. I am not sure of his strategy for game day. I believe he is an honest, forthright, and a GOOD AND JUST MAN! I think if you were to know him personally that you would pull for him because of who he is and what he stands for! So believe it or not really wish he would sucseed. I am just not comfortable yet with the academic situation in that Vince Lombardee could not have won with the things have been since the changes took place. I truly believe that Carol moore was the most responsible for the HUGE MESS we are in and it might even not be over as yet! Braindead is even more at fault for letting her have so much power! Both of them would be fired ON THE SPOT for letting this happen! Chan bares NO FAULT in this for he was DUPED! He is a good man and I AM PULLING FOR HIM!! I just can't get excited because of the SLIP UP ON THE PART OF THE ADMINISTRATION!!!!

Sorry for the mispellings and punctuation, but I am now going to trip the ole light fantastic!!!! and that was also praying on my mind!

Techrod i really and truly believe you bleed white and gold and i have some of the same concerns that you have.That being said i have other concerns as well such as how our team looked in some games THE COACHES MUST DO A BETTER JOB COACHING THIS YEAR AND I BELIEVE THEY WILL.On the other hand just in my heart i fill that we will lose NO OTHER PLAYERS just a feeling,but we as GT FANS MUST TRY TO SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!!!!! All of this NEG posting is not doing GT any good.
grin.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Tommie, the negative posting is CAUSED BY THE ADMINISTRATION only! I hold them accountable for the mess in the academics concerning the fb team! Until I see that they are trying to HELP field quality football I will be very sentacle. I DO NOT HOLD PLAYERS OR COACHES ACCOUNTABLE!! THIS IS THE WEAK PREZ, THE BRAINDEAD HIMSELF, AND CAROL MOORE the reason we might have to : who knows?

Originally posted by techrod:
Tommie, the negative posting is CAUSED BY THE ADMINISTRATION only! I hold them accountable for the mess in the academics concerning the fb team! Until I see that they are trying to HELP field quality football I will be very sentacle. I DO NOT HOLD PLAYERS OR COACHES ACCOUNTABLE!! THIS IS THE WEAK PREZ, THE BRAINDEAD HIMSELF, AND CAROL MOORE the reason we might have to : who knows?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Being negative is a choice by those who make that decision to feel the way they do.

What's happened was caused by everyone. We're in this together. That's the fan's, the school, the players, and the coaches. Together = Team. How we feel is a personal decision.

That's how I see it.

Go Jackets!

GTT, again I say to you that appreciate your thoughts on all these matters, but this is a problem of the administration. I understand your concept of all for one and one for all, but TO ME THIS DOESN"T APPLY to this particular problem. And hey wait this problem may be in the fixit stage. But oh those 10 academic casualties! And there may be more despite the correcting of the problem! SOMEONE SHOULD BE SHOWN THE DOOR FOR THIS MONTROCITY OF EVENTS!!

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by techrod:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Being negative is a choice by those who make that decision to feel the way they do.

What's happened was caused by everyone. We're in this together. That's the fan's, the school, the players, and the coaches. Together = Team. How we feel is a personal decision.

That's how I see it.

Go Jackets!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GTT I AGREE WITH YOU AND TECHROD I ALSO AGREE WITH YOU TO A POINT. GTT I'M GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU . YOU KINDA HAD ME WORRIED! I EVEN TRIED TO E-MAIL YA. ANYWAY LOOK AT MY DEPTH CHART AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

Back