Did anybody hear about this?

that report makes it sound like it's not the good word,i.e our battle cry, but something johnson said at that moment about his feelings for Ga.

Anyone that knows the rivalry understands the "battle cry". Someone from Oregon might think it's crazy to say that about a rival, but we get that it's gregarious for GT fans.

It was awesome. I wish I had been filming it on my camera. Said how excited he was to be here, and a few other things. As he was closing, he then said something to the effect of, "It's been a really crazy week. Been talking to a lot of people, and the one thing I have learned is "TO HELL WITH GEORGIA"...The place just about blew up. He got a standing O when he walked on the court and when he left...

Sweeet:biggthumpup:

Very similar to what Jim Tressel did when he was hired at Ohio State. Came out onto the court and stated how many days until the Michigan game and that place went nuts! My new girlfriends uncle is a huge ugay fan and he rubbed it in after we lost. Time to Vick those damn dogs!!!

that report makes it sound like it's not the good word,i.e our battle cry, but something johnson said at that moment about his feelings for Ga.

Nessler mentioned that it's from our fight song during the broadcast.

After reading and studying all the different quotes and sound bites about PJ and what people say about him, people that know him closely, I would say that there is a good chance he could be our Spurrier. He will imho never tolerate getting beat by Georgie....

One thing that is clear, PJ is very similiar to Spurrier, he is a FIERCE competitor and once he is around here awhile, he will develop an intense desire to beat Georgieee like Spurrier developed. He will read and hear all the usual bulldawgie crap (Zealots straight out of their Jounalism asylum over there) From the newspapers, TV, and radio stations around the state about how good Georgieee is and that there is NO team in America better than those Bulldawgs. NOBODY recruits better and NOBODY coaches better, just get on the train with us and worship em.

I just hope he rubs it in like Spurrier, when PJ starts beating em, "Well let's see they out recruit us every year according to those media guys, I guess we just outcoached em" :laugher:

As a fierce competitor as PJ seems to be, I would say it will not take long after hearing and reading all this bulldawgie propaganda around the state that PJ will have an attitude much like Spurrier has. He will refuse to get beat by Georgiee..

Other than competitive fire, I cannot think of a single characteristic that CPJ (the little I know of him) shares with Spurrier, except perhaps their interpersonal communication style -- straightforward/blunt.

FWIW, I knew Steve and his family from his time in Tampa, lived about a mile from him, went to school with his kids, and my sister and his daughter were good friends.

They are both competitive though, and both share a similar rather up-front communication style. But, CPJ has class and Spurrier has very little.

IMHO...Mike

Nessler mentioned that it's from our fight song during the broadcast.

TANGENT ALERT!: Speaking of fight songs, enjoy this little ditty from the Colorado School of Mines, sung to a tune you might recognize (no sound, just lyrics)...

http://www.oia.mines.edu/fun_stuff/mining_engineer/default.htm

And before you ask...

"Question often arises as to whether our song originated at Mines or at the Georgia School of Technology. Georgia Tech was chartered in 1885, and instruction first began there in 1888. We know that our inspiring song originated on our campus at least ten years before Georgia Tech ever held classes."

Cal's was first too.

Engineers see no need to reinvent the wheel. Or the fight song.

TANGENT ALERT!: Speaking of fight songs, enjoy this little ditty from the Colorado School of Mines, sung to a tune you might recognize (no sound, just lyrics)...

http://www.oia.mines.edu/fun_stuff/mining_engineer/default.htm

And before you ask...

"Question often arises as to whether our song originated at Mines or at the Georgia School of Technology. Georgia Tech was chartered in 1885, and instruction first began there in 1888. We know that our inspiring song originated on our campus at least ten years before Georgia Tech ever held classes."

Will continue your tangent.

My father taught as CSM--one of the quotes I remember was you can tell the boys from the girls in the winter by the laces of the hiking boots. Big Petroleum engineering school. Teachers were REQUIRED to give students more homework than physically possible to do--so students had to decide what to punt and what to work on--very stressful. Rumors had it as one of the highest suicide rates--but think that has been debunked. It is nice to be in the town where Coors is brewed for your college.

[Spurrier and CPJ] are both competitive though, and both share a similar rather up-front communication style. But, CPJ has class and Spurrier has very little.
Exactly, mate. Exactly!

I don't think Chan uttered "THWG" in his six years at Tech. And no, "To HECK with Georgia" is NOT the same. Not even in the same ballpark.

Will continue your tangent.

My father taught as CSM--one of the quotes I remember was you can tell the boys from the girls in the winter by the laces of the hiking boots. Big Petroleum engineering school. Teachers were REQUIRED to give students more homework than physically possible to do--so students had to decide what to punt and what to work on--very stressful. Rumors had it as one of the highest suicide rates--but think that has been debunked. It is nice to be in the town where Coors is brewed for your college.

When I was stationed at Offutt AFB, NE, we recruited kids for Officer Training School from the CSM because they ALWAYS aced the Air Force Officer Qualification Test--a very tough test indeed.

Back