Did anyone see Bevo go after Uga?

In case you're curious about why they're called bulldogs in the first place. The designation "bull" was applied because of the dog's use in the sport of bull baiting. This entailed the setting of dogs (after placing wagers on each dog) onto a tethered bull. The dog that grabbed the bull by the nose and pinned it to the ground would be the victor. It was common for a bull to maim or kill several dogs at such an event, either by goring, tossing, or trampling. Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies, massive heads, and breathing problems, after all they die quickly anyways, that typify the breed. Bull-baiting, along with bear-baiting, were both made illegal by the Cruelty to Animals Act of 1835. Therefore, the English Bulldog outlived its usefulness and is only bred by weirdos who like to have a mascot that resembles their facial features.

That's pretty interesting.

I also heard that, as a breed, bulldogs can't swim. I suppose one could conduct an anecdotal test with one or two bulldogs but it seems to me there is really only one conclusive way to prove that there isn't at least one bulldog somewhere that can swim.

This enduring question needs to be answered once and for all.

2q70jn.gif
Out ööööing standing

Bevo dropped that right horn and went for the gore. He damned near got him too. I loved the announcers saying during the 3rd quarter that Bevo was “ornery since he arrived.”

Bevo dropped that right horn and went for the gore. He damned near got him too. I loved the announcers saying during the 3rd quarter that Bevo was “ornery since he arrived.”
That is like mad horny.

That dumbass mutt barking and then running away like a little bitch is an apt representation of their fan base. Feckless cowards.

My personal congratulations for the best use of the term "feckless" that I've ever seen on Stingtalk ... Kudos!

I think this is the best video compilation that I've seen so far, because it shows it from all angles. Plus the announcer comments are hilarious, such as:
"If that thing was to run 30 yards he might die"
"Maybe that was not the best idea, but we don't care"
And then there is the bonus of Tebow laughing about it at the end. Priceless!

Remember how cute UGAg fans thought it was when that inbred mutt (well, probably 5+ generations of inbreeding ago) tried to bite the Auburn player? So funny.

Back