Did they change the gold in the uniforms slightly?

GTKyle

Dodd-Like
They look a little better this year. Less mustard now.

Is this just me or did anyone else notice it?

Comparison pics would be awesome. But the gold did look very nice.

They're the third uniforms from last year's redesign that we never saw. We wore white tops every game except for the CFA bowl.

They're the same gold from the pants, and I would bet we probably don't wear them again this year. Maybe once. Mostly b/c they don't really match the helmets and they look like mustard.

So to answer your question, they're definitely different from the gold of years past, but there was no gold to compare them to last year.

i might get people mad but is there anyway to change helmets soon?? cause i know the gold has changed on the helmet from what it use to be some what

What would a GT offseason be without a discussion about shades of gold?

:pat: Oh no, not another change in the gold --my Saturday afternoon/Thursday night wardrobe will be in ruins.

:pat: Oh no, not another change in the gold --my Saturday afternoon/Thursday night wardrobe will be in ruins.
Listen, for both me and Tim Gunn, debating the merits of various shades of gold is extremely important.

God you guys are a bunch of queer panzies. Why dont you just spike your hair into a fo-hawk, put on your skinny jeans and roller blades, and carry around your mac in a messenger bag from WWII.

And Click Here

I recall my Dad last year exclaiming "Their helmets look green!" and they did somewhat. Now that you mention it I don't see that now. I suppose maybe they have changed. Or maybe it was the sun. Interesting.

i got an inside scoop on the jerseys.... the Gold will be m shade closer to the original with the blue piping.... the gold is similar to the GT tshirts

This is one change I hate, I wish we had really old fashioned uni's like Navy, Wofford, GSU, Bama ect.

My girlfriend bought me a home gold #13 jersey for christmas in '07 only to have Bennet transfer and the jersey change... it became completely irrelavent without even making it to 1 game. The jersey I had before that was a Campbell in the home white of the late 90's early 2000's.... it was cursed... i bought it the last year we beat ugag and convincing myself it was in fact cursed i burned it in a ritual of sorts last april... seems to have worked... In short Im done with jerseys

My date to the first game as a rat in '73 was a Dawg. She walked into the rat section, saw us warming up, and laughed, saying, "Your colors are pea green. The helmets look like a Leseur English pea." Exactly, we are ugly old gold to the untrained eye. Like the emperor's new clothes, its beauty can only be seen by the truly wise.

I like us using gold, no navy except for trim. If you want a gold that looks good, I am fine with that. The vegas gold uniforms were nice. But, if you want a real Tech distinctive gold, beautiful only to Tech people, last year's uniforms are just fine. I tell you, they looked mighty good to me on a Thursday night against the U and on a certain Saturday in Athens.

What we do miss, like Auburn, Bama, Penn State, USC, Michigan, Texas, and a few others, is a uniform that becomes a "brand", recognizable by fans everywhere. The closest we come to that is the gold pants with stripe, white jerseys, and gold helmets worn through the fifties and mid-sixties in Dodd's regime.

Our brand is the interlocking GT. No matter what color we use, when people see that they know it's us.

God you guys are a bunch of queer panzies. Why dont you just spike your hair into a fo-hawk, put on your skinny jeans and roller blades, and carry around your mac in a messenger bag from WWII.

Bravo, Lax. Bra...vo.

Way to capture the lameness of that type of culture which engages things like "messenger bag from WWII."

The closest we come to that is the gold pants with stripe, white jerseys, and gold helmets worn through the fifties and mid-sixties in Dodd's regime.
You will find more then a few people advocating a return to these.

Back