Did they change the gold in the uniforms slightly?

Any pictures?

IMO different from last year has got to be an improvement. In trying to make the helmet match the uniform they made it an uglier shade.

Maybe there should be a federal law on the definition of "gold" as long as they are working on NCAA football. It has always bugged me that LSU claims that shade of yellow they use is gold.

One point, why on earth does our football team use a different gold than all the other athletic teams and for that matter different than the official school color? This I don't understand. The fact that the design makes us look like a wannabe program, i.e. Louisville, is second to continuity across the AA. This was also a later change. The 1st picture that Adamm Oliver posted online of the uni's used the gold of the last uni. Lots of teams use gold in their uni's, I don't understand why this is such a problem.

good for u- I don't get the jersey wearing dudes..

To be honest, I've never understood this sentiment. In my eyes, wearing a jersey has been to support my team and (one of) my favorite players at the same time. I wouldn't mind having one of the blue jerseys with a 21 on the back. Maybe even get Dwyer or CJ's name monogrammed on the back.

Now, the guys that order the $200+ custom jerseys with their own name and random number on the back...I can't get with those myself :ugh:

It is impossible to find last year's jersey, in any of the three colors, available on-line. I, for one, would love to have a white jersey, or a gold one, but would need one in XXL. They are not available. Even the store @ ramblingwreck.com does not have any of last years models for sell. Are we going to change our jersey again this year?? If so, I vote for going back to the 50s-60s models worn by the great Dodd teams.

:pat: Oh no, not another change in the gold --my Saturday afternoon/Thursday night wardrobe will be in ruins.

It needs to be the color of maple leaves, on the north shore of Lake Burton, on the Monday after the first full moon of November following an October with less than six inches of rainfall.

Our brand is the interlocking GT. No matter what color we use, when people see that they know it's us.

Partially true. Buzz is unfortunately becoming more and more identified with our "brand", too. I think the Dodd era yellow britches uniform would be something to shoot for. But if you look back at the photos, even in Dodd's day we changed the details fairly frequently. As long as we are winning we will have a high degree of name, logo, and uniform recognition in the marketplace.

It is impossible to find last year's jersey, in any of the three colors, available on-line. I, for one, would love to have a white jersey, or a gold one, but would need one in XXL. They are not available. Even the store @ ramblingwreck.com does not have any of last years models for sell. Are we going to change our jersey again this year?? If so, I vote for going back to the 50s-60s models worn by the great Dodd teams.

Don't worry, once July/August comes around they will be back on the shelves. I had tried to get a white jersey late in the season last year and they said they were sold out (this was the bookstore on campus). They only get a set amount of jerseys in each year and I'd think it's the same for other vendors but that means they'll be getting another one in before next season starts.

^^^^^

That... is the best looking uni we've ever worn. Extremely sharp. I wish SO badly that we'd go with that uni as an alternate to the traditional white jerseys/gold pants whenever we can.

I was a freshman when this uniform was introduced in 1968. As I recall, it was universally hated at that time. Funny how tastes in fashion change. Some of the disfavor had to do with Dodd retiring and Carson taking over, and the general feeling that the uniform change was to make a clean break with the past. We made that clean break with winning---with the first of three 4-6 seasons in a row. Alums of my era have a hard time disassociating the uniform with the losing.

I was a freshman when this uniform was introduced in 1968. As I recall, it was universally hated at that time. Funny how tastes in fashion change. Some of the disfavor had to do with Dodd retiring and Carson taking over, and the general feeling that the uniform change was to make a clean break with the past. We made that clean break with winning---with the first of three 4-6 seasons in a row. Alums of my era have a hard time disassociating the uniform with the losing.

I remember that change well. My first GA Tech jersey was the 1966 white. My second was the 1970 gold. Loved 'em both (of course, I was 10-12 years old and didn't care). That change came after many years of white jerseys and gold pants with the helmet bouncing back and forth between white and gold.

I think winning would have solved the issue rather quickly, but those 3 straight 4-6 seasons immediately after Dodd were brutal. Remember the joke of 1970: "Well at least we won't go 4-6 this year... we're playing 11 games."

The only real truth about GA Tech football unis is that we really don't have much of a tradition in any pattern.

I always liked that combo as well, but at least some of it come from playing for the Dekalb Yellow Jackets. We had a white helmet like patterned after Tech (yellow jacket like the old Tech style on each side, blue stripe with two gold ones on each side, gold pants and either white or navy jerseys. Sharp.

^^^^^

That... is the best looking uni we've ever worn. Extremely sharp. I wish SO badly that we'd go with that uni as an alternate to the traditional white jerseys/gold pants whenever we can.

That said, the uni from last year was growing on me by the end of the season.

I like that as well, but I like white at home.

^^^^^

That said, the uni from last year was growing on me by the end of the season.

Everyone loves this jersey.

Home Frappin Depot can match ANY color in the known universe. Georgia Tech can not. Weird.

I'd have to vote for those jerseys or at least that shade. Closest to what Old Gold is supposed to be that I've ever seen.

Back