Didn't one of dipshits think Art Briles deserved a shot?

sthorfinnr

We The Vanguard Stockholders
His son is the one who was apparently a good offensive coordinator, but even better poontang coordinator at Baylor. He's now OC at FSU. Many were calling for him to be hired at Tech. Hell, no. May he rot. Pimps used to be viewed as scumbags. Now, they're seen as supersexual male anti-heroes. Can't believe the men who can't visualize these girls as their own daughters.

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
His son is the one who was apparently a good offensive coordinator, but even better poontang coordinator at Baylor. He's now OC at FSU. Many were calling for him to be hired at Tech. Hell, no. May he rot. Pimps used to be viewed as scumbags. Now, they're seen as supersexual male anti-heroes. Can't believe the men who can't visualize these girls as their own daughters.
I cant beleive the dicks that have to visualize a woman is their daughter to realize what the ööööing problem is.

sthorfinnr

I cant beleive the dicks that have to visualize a woman is their daughter to realize what the ööööing problem is.
Well, in non-Lefty world, empathy is a healthy human connection to others. But since Lefties think families should be done away with altogether (on the way to their godless utopia), they need some kind of other reason to give a sh-t about what happens to girls, like this notion that all men are sexist pigs who want to rape women.

sthorfinnr

Why do you have to imagine your daughter is getting raped to know it is wrong? That doesn't seem healthy.
I don't. You oversimplify things. Men today have grown up with everything from Animal House to Fast Times at Ridgemont High to American Pie. They have been told repeatedly by their peers that if they don't 'get some', they're inadequate. The world where women are actually treated respectfully, where the idea that they didn't 'deserve it' because they drank the hunch punch, would be seen as scary and backwards by most women. Something like a cross between Leave It To Beaver and A Handmaid's Tale. Because it would be a world where both young men and women dedicated themselves to chastity before marriage, and fidelity in marriage. Otherwise, where do you draw the line? She was asking for it by wearing those clothes, or he was harrassing her by simply asking her out?

Last edited:

18in32

Petard Hoister
He got hired to a Texas high school. Some folks aren't pleased.

That was @gtphd, but I thought Briles deserved another chance, too.

Just to be clear, I am against rape. Heck, I'm cool castrating rapists.

But I'd like to see the evidence that Briles either facilitated anything criminal or covered it up after the fact. It seems like the guy at the top often gets blamed for stuff he had no idea was going on – this applies to Briles, Pitino, lots of CEO's. (Anybody see that Conrad Black op-ed a few days ago claiming Nixon was innocent?)

And this phenomenon is more common when the MSM has doubts about the enterprise the man at the top is running – big business or football. I still don't believe there's anyway Joe Pa intended to cover up child rape to protect an assistant coach.

supersenior

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, in non-Lefty world, empathy is a healthy human connection to others. But since Lefties think families should be done away with altogether (on the way to their godless utopia), they need some kind of other reason to give a sh-t about what happens to girls, like this notion that all men are sexist pigs who want to rape women.
LOL what even is this post

gtphd

What a time to be alive
The Dallas Morning News basically proved (as much as you can prove something like this) that he was uninvolved, had no idea, and that the university actively covered it up from both the authorities and Briles. The university did this more broadly than just athletics to protect the image of the university, which is why the president was fired (but several senior administrators who should have faced criminal charges were not). When the details started to come out, he became a sacrificial lamb. He’s the Richard Jewell of college football.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
The Dallas Morning News basically proved (as much as you can prove something like this) that he was uninvolved, had no idea, and that the university actively covered it up from both the authorities and Briles. The university did this more broadly than just athletics to protect the image of the university, which is why the president was fired (but several senior administrators who should have faced criminal charges were not). When the details started to come out, he became a sacrificial lamb. He’s the Richard Jewell of college football.
I think Richard Jewell had it just slightly worse, right?

Briles had a few good years. That's it. We got better.

donsue

Flats Noob
FSU brought him in hoping to coach around the “Radio” Taggart mistake.

GSUGTATL

Jolly Good Fellow
I want to know how many dipshits are on here. And am I one of them?

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
That was @gtphd, but I thought Briles deserved another chance, too.

Just to be clear, I am against rape. Heck, I'm cool castrating rapists.

But I'd like to see the evidence that Briles either facilitated anything criminal or covered it up after the fact. It seems like the guy at the top often gets blamed for stuff he had no idea was going on – this applies to Briles, Pitino, lots of CEO's. (Anybody see that Conrad Black op-ed a few days ago claiming Nixon was innocent?)

And this phenomenon is more common when the MSM has doubts about the enterprise the man at the top is running – big business or football. I still don't believe there's anyway Joe Pa intended to cover up child rape to protect an assistant coach.
From what I have read about the Baylor case, the school president and administration were more responsible for the culture there than Briles and his staff. Didn't Briles get a big settlement? I admit that I have not delved into any of it too deeply. Every decent person is against rape. But there is a lot of hypocrisy in our society. We reward athletic ability/achievement at such a ridiculous rate that the players create a dangerously high level of entitlement--to every thing--cars, women, money, grades. Many of these young men have had no limits whatsoever placed upon their behavior for ten years before they reach college. When things boil over and people suffer real tragedy in their lives, someone has to be blamed. None of this justifies punishing Art Briles if--IF--he was not involved. If he was involved, then arrest him, don't pay him millions to go away. Every program in America has players capable of being involved in crimes such as have taken place at Baylor. Hopefully the leadership at other programs (and Baylor) does a better job of leading their young, "entitled" men.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Ah, yes, The UnaBubba.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
From what I have read about the Baylor case, the school president and administration were more responsible for the culture there than Briles and his staff. Didn't Briles get a big settlement? I admit that I have not delved into any of it too deeply. Every decent person is against rape. But there is a lot of hypocrisy in our society. We reward athletic ability/achievement at such a ridiculous rate that the players create a dangerously high level of entitlement--to every thing--cars, women, money, grades. Many of these young men have had no limits whatsoever placed upon their behavior for ten years before they reach college. When things boil over and people suffer real tragedy in their lives, someone has to be blamed. None of this justifies punishing Art Briles if--IF--he was not involved. If he was involved, then arrest him, don't pay him millions to go away. Every program in America has players capable of being involved in crimes such as have taken place at Baylor. Hopefully the leadership at other programs (and Baylor) does a better job of leading their young, "entitled" men.
With all that was going on there is no way the staff didn’t know. And if the staff knew Briles Either did or should have. I don’t have any sympathy for him.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Richard Jewell was eventually exonerated and given $15M. Briles can’t coach a Texas High School.
Did Briles surrender all his earnings at Baylor? He made millions. Jewell and his mother were skewered in the press. A hero - he saved lives. The press hounded him.
Care to set aside your man love for Briles long enough to think that over?