Didn't one of dipshits think Art Briles deserved a shot?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I agree. Presumption of guilt, especially without evidence, is a founding principal of our country.
I see you are still going to bat for a mediocre coach.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I agree. Presumption of guilt, especially without evidence, is a founding principal of our country.
Fortunately for all of us, the standards, methods, processes and rationales for criminal conviction are quite different from those for hiring.

Would you set your daughter up on a blind date with OJ Simpson?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I think this is you saying, "I agree." So thank you.
Damn it - I know when I've lost.

To be clear, I don't question the hire of CGC. My biggest issue is that it appears from the reporting and court cases that the Baylor Administration and Police Force are the ones to primarily blame for this situation through egregious and reprehensible acts. What happened to them? Ken Starr was fired as president but was offered the Chancellor role and a professorship in the law school (he turned both down and decided to retire). No one else was fired and no one was apparently blackballed from ever working again. Meanwhile, Art Briles can't even coach a high school team without protests.

The administration blamed Briles in an attempt to save themselves, and it appears that smoke screen worked.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Damn it - I know when I've lost.

To be clear, I don't question the hire of CGC. My biggest issue is that it appears from the reporting and court cases that the Baylor Administration and Police Force are the ones to primarily blame for this situation through egregious and reprehensible acts. What happened to them? Ken Starr was fired as president but was offered the Chancellor role and a professorship in the law school (he turned both down and decided to retire). No one else was fired and no one was apparently blackballed from ever working again. Meanwhile, Art Briles can't even coach a high school team without protests.

The administration blamed Briles in an attempt to save themselves, and it appears that smoke screen worked.
All of which I agree with. Which is why your continuing prickliness is so perplexing.

AugustaJacket

Helluva Engineer
I thought it has been established that folks can "just move" to improve their situation. Amirite?

Srsly though, I understand that rules are rules, but how can the intent of a family, moving from Colorado to Texas, be in the purview of the DEC? Am I missing something?

(Also, I don't care at all one way or the other regarding Briles)

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Yeah, I'm not sure what is wrong with moving from another state to play football. This is America isn't it? If you are willing to move that far, I'm not sure what right any govt body has to tell you that you can or can not play football in HIGHSCHOOL. It is crazy.

There can be a problem if you "move" from one county to another but don't actually move and it is only because of football. Even in those cases, I think policing of it should only be for egregious cases where the player might be taken advantage of.

Rulings like this are not for the "kids" it is because of adult "high school wannabe All-Americans" that lives through the local HS football team.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Not sure how this is cheating. The families moved from Colorado to Texas. The reason should not matter. If you live in that district, you should be able to play for the school in that district.
Once you lie in mud some people think you belong there. Talking about Briles. Hate to think kids are punished because of Briles but sometimes exemptions can be made at the high school level in good faith. Not saying it happened this way but it would be easy for Texas athletic boards to not let Briles cut any shortcuts

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
We reward success, there was a guy at our company that got caught masterbating on a video conference call, fired obviously, but hired almost instantly by a competitor. Why? Cuz he was a hell of a salesman.
AkinJ got fired?