Disrespectful

We are relevant? Oh yeah... we had that 5 game stretch in 2014.

@beej67 has stated this more eloquently, but there is no other team in the ACC for whom opponents invest so much time practicing as our opponents invest for us. Say what you will, this offense has put us on the map as a legitimate threat to beat any team at any time.

Kinda sick of seeing the disrespect to a coach who has given us one of the best eras in Tech football history.

I can understand the frustration - even a devout CPJ fan like myself sees that a coaching change is probably for the best at this point, but what I don’t understand is the vitriol for a man who has demonstrated a true love for this institution, its reputation, and has produced some incredibly exciting football moments over the past decade.

Many of you sound like a bunch of butthurt jerks. None of us like to lose - I guarantee you CPJ hates it more than any of us. You’re pretty daft if you think otherwise.
Well when the AD enleashes a 202o campaign, and we answer with 28M raised since June.... There are high expectations...There are no more excuses... DC's, AD's.... whatever was the excuse... He took Chan Gailey players and one an ACC title but was blown out in a OB and Peach Bowl.... then 2014 came....but since 2015 it has been a dumpster fire....I believe the problem is CPJs *COACHING*, backed up by his stubbornness. How many times have you heard him insist the plays were there, but so-and-so didn't run the play right (and you can see that on the video that he's right). But here's the thing - after 10 years through players of all kinds of ratings, intelligence, talent, and tenure, if he can't coach his players to run the system, then that's on him. I don't care what the system is, but you have to be able to coach it. We've had very senior offensive lines at times (for example), like 2015 and strangely we couldn't figure out what to do half the time.

The whole point of this thread is why do people hate on a coach who has “achieved” so much.

Well, Gailey didn’t exactly achieve that much. He did recruit better than Johnson, not lose 9 games, and not make the media hate him. So I guess that’s something.
That is something

I also see a world of declining interest in college athletics that is going to hit programs like ours very hard unless we become extremely innovative and completely ruthless in terms of execution. I'm a huge CPJ supporter, but no coach is bigger than the program.

I'm waiting for the day where the factories figure out that they're better off with a single Super 32 team conference like the NFL. All of the money of college football would be consolidated.

Chan win % 7.3

CPJ win % 7.6
After this season they’ll probably be tied for win % during tenure

iiwii

giphy.gif

@beej67 has stated this more eloquently, but there is no other team in the ACC for whom opponents invest so much time practicing as our opponents invest for us. Say what you will, this offense has put us on the map as a legitimate threat to beat any team at any time.
Are you being serious? Well, that makes me feel much better, our opponents spend more time getting ready to play Tech and still winning the game.Brilliant!

So we are to blame for the whole decline of the ACC. Everybody wasting weekly practice time on us instead of next team up.

Our “relevancy” is being a team with potential to upset a major opponent every once in awhile?

That is exactly how the announcers were describing Army last night.

We are not relevant. We are an occasional blip on the college football radar. Some fans are okay with that. Others are not.

Bobby Cox was 100x more beloved than PJ. He was more akin to Bobby Bowden. People loved both, just felt the game had passed them by or they didn't have the energy.

Obviously, PJ is nowhere near as beloved as those two. He is not likeable except when he is winning and then its because he's stuffing it in everyone else's faces. When he's losing, he's stuffing it in our faces.

No way. Maybe 10% of Braves fans, if even. @Architorture23 - input? I could be totally wrong here but don’t think your numbers are right. More relevant to this, does 40% of our tech fan base still support Paul? If so can we get all 8 of them in a room and smack them around?
I always thought Bobby was a great regular season coach and a terrible postseason coach.

And I still support PJ

No, it’s me whining about our fans being disrespectful towards someone who actually made Tech football relevant again.
...and has presided over it getting back to the level of relevance he found it in when he got here.

, I will continue to voice my frustration until I get the ear of somebody who can do something to help fix it. I have loved CPJ too for a long time, but it’s time for a breakup.

A letter to Tstan with a donation would get the ear of someone who makes decisions.

So we are to blame for the whole decline of the ACC. Everybody wasting weekly practice time on us instead of next team up.

It's not entirely untrue and honestly I think it's a problem in the ACC that extends beyond us. A number of coaches have put in spring and fall training sessions just for our offense. Bud Foster in particular has a history of seeming to over-prepare for some opponents and under-prepare for others. Yesterday prolly a good example of that.

Maybe the internet isn’t the best place to file a complaint if you want to “be heard” :dunno:

Grownups go to the people who make actual decisions about such things.
I have sent mine to Standsbury several times, with no response.

Back