Dixie Flourish

Status
Not open for further replies.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Not sure when they even started the "Dixie Flourish." I went to every home game for four years and traveled back to Atlanta for some homecoming and other games after that, and I only remember even noticing it many years after I left. It was cute, but not a big deal. Still, if it was removed for "wokeness" then IMO that sucks.

Anyway, as long as the band still plays "The Horse," and still plays the Budweiser theme between the 3rd and 4th quarters, then all is well.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Nope. It was there all the way up through 2015.
I'm pretty sure it was there more recent than that. I was thinking it was like 2017 or 2018 when they decided to remove it.

EDIT: I think it was last year that they removed it. I knew I remembered it being discussed here already:

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
So now I guess we have to argue about the definition of “the”.

it’s still not the fight song.
Which one gets played first after a touchdown?

Moving The Goal Posts? - Doctor Bob Posner

FullMetalBuzz

Posting from your mom’s house
Why are you getting angry about his anger? What does it matter to you?
Actually empty stadiums are what make me angry. OP should buy tickets and go to the games so he find out for himself if the flourish is there.

Once he knows for sure, he can rant all over the interwebs for all I care

aeromech

Dodd-Like
So now I guess we have to argue about the definition of “the”.

it’s still not the fight song.
So we got 2 fight songs, 2 mascots (Rambin' Wreck, Yellow Jackets), 3 logos (GT, ATL, 404), and a clown for a coach. Pretty much sums up the season for a Georgia Tech fan. :crapstorm:

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
So we got 2 fight songs, 2 mascots (Rambin' Wreck, Yellow Jackets), 3 logos (GT, ATL, 404), and a clown for a coach. Pretty much sums up the season for a Georgia Tech fan. :crapstorm:
Yellow Jackets isn't a "mascot." Buzz is. And we have The Wreck.

Yellow Jackets is a nickname, like Ramblin' Wreck and . . . used to be more common . . . The Engineers.

Now if you REALLY want to start a fight, ask someone whether we have three colors, or just the usual two?

Status
Not open for further replies.