Dixie Flourish

Status
Not open for further replies.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Yellow Jackets isn't a "mascot." Buzz is. And we have The Wreck.

Yellow Jackets is a nickname, like Ramblin' Wreck and . . . used to be more common . . . The Engineers.

Now if you REALLY want to start a fight, ask someone whether we have three colors, or just the usual two?
I thought we were the Golden Tornados?

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Yellow Jackets isn't a "mascot." Buzz is. And we have The Wreck.

Yellow Jackets is a nickname, like Ramblin' Wreck and . . . used to be more common . . . The Engineers.

Now if you REALLY want to start a fight, ask someone whether we have three colors, or just the usual two?
3!! I can think of at least 6 colors right off the top of my head:
1- white
2- Old Gold
3- Mustard Gold
4-Vegas Gold
5-Yellow Gold
6-Wrong shade of Gold

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
3!! I can think of at least 6 colors right off the top of my head:
1- white
2- Old Gold
3- Mustard Gold
4-Vegas Gold
5-Yellow Gold
6-Wrong shade of Gold
I think the one he was thinking of was BLUE

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
It's not in there anymore for whatever it's worth.
You sure about that? Just this week, it crossed my mind during pregame to listen for it (because I remember that we discussed it last season), and it sounded like it was there.

Now, it could be that I’m just so used to hearing it after all these years that my mind filled it in, or that whatever they’re playing now still sounds similar to the example linked in this thread, I dunno.

Is there anybody around here in the band or band-adjacent that can give a definitive answer?

Edit: just listened to a video I took on campus by the Clough building before NIU and it’s definitely not there. Talked to a band alum I know, and he thinks that they took it out in the last couple of years. (I’d swear I heard it last week though - weird.). He says he plays a number of different songs in that spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.