DJ in the student section

odw

Jolly Good Fellow
Per Ken at the AJC, we'll have a DJ in the student section now. It'll be interesting to see how this works with the stadium sound and the band. Anyone have any more details on this?

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I hope it helps get the students into the game before kickoff and fired up.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
As long as they don't play any of that damn blah blah crap.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
A DJ in the student section? #fortheculture

...well not my culture pal. (spoken in a Sgt. Joe Friday voice)

(cue up the Dragnet, “dom, da, dom, dom, dom” music)

Last edited:

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Also doing something different with the team run-out behind the Wreck this year but not sure exactly what:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...blin-wreck-ready-roll/kqpPBWxd9V7z8zLYCe7vbL/

On Saturday, Damus said that the ride-out, as the drive onto the field is called, will be a little bit different than in years past, though he was not at liberty to divulge much more.

He said the Wreck will still drive out in front of the team, but, “I just think it’s going to be really high energy.”

killerB

Sidewalk Fan
Designated parking spot on sidelines during the game. When you get a turnover, after you sign the board, you go sit in the rumble seat like a king. #competitionisking

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Does anybody else remember in the first episode of either All ACC or the Huddle on the ACC Network, they did a long piece on GT football and the girl made mention of a new tunnel being constructed for the team to run out of. This has been very hush-hush since then and nobody seems to know or want to say anything about it.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I for one hope the DJ's music is projected throughout the stadium. Sure some people probably won't like the music but you can't please everybody. Clemson had a stadium DJ set up in the corner that played music throughout the stadium and it got their students (and other fans) really fired up. I'd love to see something like that. It would be easy for the head sound engineer to control the volume and/or mute the DJ when needed from the main mixing desk. If the rest of the stadium can't hear what's going on it's hard for them to interact and feed off whatever the students are doing.

Clemson's band was also mic'ed up which I didn't care for all that much but it might be helpful for us to do that at a reasonable volume as not to drown them out but to allow the folks behind the band to hear them.