Do I stay or do I Go?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Not the way it worked for my son. His GPA went with him. For HOPE it all counts.
I'm not sure how HOPE counts GPA for their eligibilty, but colleges don't let you transfer grades in, see the quote from GT below. The credits count, but the grade doesn't count in your GT GPA. If you had a 4.0 at uga for 2 years then a 2.0 at GT for 2 years, GT will report your GPA as a 2.0 on your transcript. The uga classes will appear on the transcript with a grade of T.

In the below, non-resident credit is any credit from outside GT, not from out of Georgia.

Non-resident credit is not computed as a part of the student's grade point average at Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech transfers credits, not grades. Grades for courses completed at other institutions are not calculated into the Georgia Tech GPA.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
I'm not sure how HOPE counts GPA for their eligibilty, but colleges don't let you transfer grades in, see the quote from GT below. The credits count, but the grade doesn't count in your GT GPA. If you had a 4.0 at uga for 2 years then a 2.0 at GT for 2 years, GT will report your GPA as a 2.0 on your transcript. The uga classes will appear on the transcript with a grade of T.

In the below, non-resident credit is any credit from outside GT, not from out of Georgia.
This was 20 years ago, but I transferred into Tech. My previous GPA definitely didn’t transfer on my GT transcript, but HOPE did calculate my GPA from my prior school. Thank God!

GTRules

You’re Mamma

Hope counts both schools' GPAs.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
By my count an even dozen of the players who chose to leave Tech through the transfer portal have not found a new home.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
They could if the school/team/coach were to let them.
This is a learning experience for players across college football who think they should be playing more. The players opinion of their ability may not be shared by other programs. In our case it allowed us to free up scholarships and upgrade our roster. I do not see anyone in the dozen players in limbo that we would be anxious to have return.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
This is a learning experience for players across college football who think they should be playing more. The players opinion of their ability may not be shared by other programs. In our case it allowed us to free up scholarships and upgrade our roster. I do not see anyone in the dozen players in limbo that we would be anxious to have return.
The message that most players should take away is if it’s all about PT they need to look at FCS schools or those at a lower level than where they are. If you can’t get on the field with a staff that recruited you you need to adjust your thinking. think most will land somewhere just not what they were expecting/hoping.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Neither Rankins nor Ellison listed in the roster on the Football Information Guide....

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
We at GT like to throw the academic card every time this happens and that might be it.

But there are a lot of reasons to go home after one year in college. I wish them both good luck in whatever they do.
Didn't we have an OL hang up the cleats to be an artist after a couple years?