Do people really think South Carolina is gonna beat UNC on Thursday?

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I'm not one to root for the ACC in some sense of silly conference pride, but I feel like anyone who thinks that garbage returning South Carolina team can beat any Power 5 Conference team on the road is crazy.

That is all.

Clemmons kicked USuCk's ass. UNC will do the same.

Let's not forget that UNC lost 6 games by 2 touchdowns or more last year, and gave up 70 points to ECU. It's not much of a stretch to say that a decent team could beat them.

I'm not one to root for the ACC in some sense of silly conference pride, but I feel like anyone who thinks that garbage returning South Carolina team can beat any Power 5 Conference team on the road is crazy.

That is all.
It all may be true about the quality of SC this fall. It is also true you are talking about UNC.

SEC, SEC, SEC...they will be rank in the top ten after the victory this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's not forget that UNC lost 6 games by 2 touchdowns or more last year, and gave up 70 points to ECU. It's not much of a stretch to say that a decent team could beat them.

This is going to be an ugly game. I won't mind seeing the ACC having a win over the SEC but if it were up to me I wouldn't count this game in the end-of-year conference vs. conference totals.

No, no I don't. Not even confident that USCe can score unless they are committed to trying to run. Completely unproven offense except for stud Cooper

SEC > ACC ... haven't you heard?

There is a ST betting thread for those of us confident in a game's outcome. I went all in USCe to cover, personally.

This is from last year, right? No? öööö yeah SC gone stomp tail. When is this game?

That is all.

I have UNC, Louisville, and VT picked. You never know!

I have UNC, Louisville, and VT picked. You never know!

UNC can score a bunch of points fast and have a QB advantage

Louisville is picking up players cast off from other teams. Some good talent there.

VT will have a solid defensive scheme in place.

It all depends on which team shows up most mentally between UNC and SC, prolly much more on UNC. When they really gave a crap about winning, they could do really well on offense at least (beat us, destroyed Duke), but when they don't they are garbage (NC St and their bowl game).

South Carolina's defense is almost as bad as their offense. At least UNC can score. Chizik can't possibly do any worse with what he's got there talent-wise than the last guy. I see UNC winning by 10 points.

Hard to bash USCe defense when they are playing UNC.....tar holes haven't stopped anyone in years. Cocks will penetrate the tar hole endzone many times.

South Carolina is SEC. Nothing more needs to be said.

Also, that "silly conference pride" is part of the reason the SEC has reached the level it is at right now - perception-wise. If you tell a lie long enough and loud enough, it will eventually be believed and THEN you can begin to profit from it with better recruits, TV deals, etc. we need the other ACC teams to win their OOC games. Right now the ACC is being labeled as the worst P5 conference - even with FSU making it to the playoffs last year.

Gamecocks beat Miami in the bowl game last year. That was when Miami had Duke Johnson and that beast linebacker.

I expect Spurrier to pull this one out in a high scoring contest.

Gamecocks beat Miami in the bowl game last year. That was when Miami had Duke Johnson and that beast linebacker.

I expect Spurrier to pull this one out in a high scoring contest.

Miami also did not give two ***** about that game (or any game after FSU) in my opinion.

Back