Do people really think South Carolina is gonna beat UNC on Thursday?

Miami also did not give two ***** about that game (or any game after FSU) in my opinion.

If I were them, I wouldn't have either. It doesn't really get more demoralizing than their loss to FSU last year.

South Carolina is SEC. Nothing more needs to be said.

Also, that "silly conference pride" is part of the reason the SEC has reached the level it is at right now - perception-wise. If you tell a lie long enough and loud enough, it will eventually be believed and THEN you can begin to profit from it with better recruits, TV deals, etc. we need the other ACC teams to win their OOC games. Right now the ACC is being labeled as the worst P5 conference - even with FSU making it to the playoffs last year.

Agreed. ESPN has already run multiple articles during the preseason about how the ACC will be the P5 left out of the playoff this year.

Think about that.

If you're not cheering for the ACC you're a ööööing retard because the conference's success helps GT at the end of the year.

USCe by 2 TD's

this will be UNC's last year with this coach

I don't know, I see a lot of parallels with Fedora and Johnson. Offensive minded head coach who calls the plays and knows their system like the back of their hand. Can score on anybody, but can't find a DC to save their life. If their defense is just ok then UNC will be pretty good. But all indications point to another terrible defense, so maybe this is his last year (like how many of us thought CPJ's days were numbered before Roof).

Why couldn't it be NC St against SC? NCSU would boatrace USC.

Agreed. ESPN has already run multiple articles during the preseason about how the ACC will be the P5 left out of the playoff this year.

Think about that.

If you're not cheering for the ACC you're a ööööing retard because the conference's success helps GT at the end of the year.

Yeah, if FSU had lost to a mid-to-low tier ACC team last year, they would have been bumped by Baylor and ironically Ohio State.

Yeah, because UNC is so consistent.

Totally schizo. If bad UNC shows up, they can lose to anyone in the country. South Carolina's coach is also pretty good, and I don't think the Gamecocks are dumpster diving for talent. If they have a good gameplan, yeah, they could easily beat UNC. Would not be an earth-shattering development.

I don't like North Carolina but they need to win so we don't hear the SEC masturbators jerking it on espn all week. They're not going to say ACC is better if UNC wins they'll say "South Carolina sucks anyway". But UNC must win.

I don't like North Carolina but they need to win so we don't hear the SEC masturbators jerking it on espn all week. They're not going to say ACC is better if UNC wins they'll say "South Carolina sucks anyway". But UNC must win.

It is a pretty insignificant game for the most part. Not sure how either side (ACC or SEC) could use this game as some barometer for anything. I think the Louisville vs Auburn game would be a better indicator.

SEC, SEC, SEC...they will be rank in the top ten after the victory this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If UNC wins, UNC will jump to top 10 and USCe will be #12 with a "quality loss"

It is a pretty insignificant game for the most part. Not sure how either side (ACC or SEC) could use this game as some barometer for anything. I think the Louisville vs Auburn game would be a better indicator.

Not insignificant. In UNC wins they'll likely be 4-0 and ranked headed into our game in week 5. Which means more media coverage and greater perceived SOS. And people thinking Chizik stands a prayer of slowing us down.

It's hard to believe in UNC out-of-conference. My gut says Cocks by a field goal.

Agree with the poster that said it will be an UGLY game. SC always starts out ugly even during their three straight 11-win seasons. But they've deteriorated quickly. And Spurrier seems back to not having a QB. SEC hype is not about the East at all, and that's where SC is. Matter of fact, I think you guys are just talking about SEC hype out of habit--all I'm hearing is "the SEC era is over" and that the SEC may get left out of the playoffs (as I just heard Luginbill say) because there are no QBs this year in the SEC.

Hoping UNC can pull it out if they can finish the game without committing any further NCAA scandals.

Back