Do you still enjoy the Option Offense?

I think CPJ is a good football coach. I used to think he was the perfect coach for GT. Now I don't feel as I did but am leaning more towards GT just isn't a good fit for most any coach. I know it is funny to joke about but nobody in college football cares if players can read or write. Nobody cares except the assholes to the east who are happy their in-state rival rolls over belly up most years in the name of academics.

Honestly, I'd take a 7 - 5 "Pro Style" (whatever that means) team to a 7-5 "Spread-Based Option" team. I know what this administration can give us, and I know we punch over our weight. Saying this, sometimes change for change sake is good. I believe CPJ is under contract until 2020, so I wouldn't expect any changes this year, or maybe next, but I don't believe we extend this contract nor do I believe we continue this offense after 2019.

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a change after next year if we don't have a good year. I think the buyout would only be two million at that point.

However, we have nine players returning on offense next year I think. It could be a good one.

I still enjoy watching the option. I am also not convinced our school cannot get good talent or that our current team does not have good talent, I think we're going and we've got some work to do but not talentless. At the same time it doesnt help our recruiting when potential high school players watch our games on TV and see coaching staff seeking out players after a bad play to rip their soul a new one. I don't care if you run players until they throw up in practice for bad plays but when you're in the middle of a game it is in your best interest to get players to get past a bad play and focus on the next drive.

We need player talent like a stud WR to keep defenses honest and a QB with an arm. Also need stud O-linemen who can drive block like Shaq Mason.
I think every offense and team would kick ass with that combination.

Nothing to do with PJ. Are you sick of watching the option or do you prefer it? I don't think we will be any better if we go with a pro style offense but I am starting to get a bit bored with it.

It’s awesome when it’s working well...like most offenses

Back