"Dodd's Luck", Condensed Version of Book.

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
"Dodd\'s Luck", Condensed Version of Book.

Revised in a new post on 05/29/03

Re: "Dodd\'s Luck", Condensed Version of Book.

The "Silver Fox" was a great credit to GT as well as college football. He was also a great human being. Thanks for the posting. I have ordered the book.

bigthumbup.gif
cool.gif

Where can I get this book? Is it in the bookstores?

Thanks alot, PJ.

Man, this is awesome stuff, Ahso. Keep it up. I want a really detailed description also of why he took us out of the SEC.

revised in a new post on 05/29/03

I'm an old guy and what makes me so sad is that I saw many of the games (in person) at Grant Field that you say are in the book and may never see the likes of some of those games and players again. I still say Dodd was the greatest coach that ever lived. He is missed but not forgotten at least in my eyes.

bigthumbup.gif

You are right oldfoggy, we have seen some of the best football ever played at the flats. I realize we have gone through some dry spells and recovered somewhat, a couple of times, but Tech has not reached the quality of football played in the early fifties.

I have this gut feeling that Gailey will bring us back close to that level again. There is no way to prove it, because the games have to be played on the field, but I will follow my gut feeling.

My son and his wife are up here in the Ellijay Mountains for the weekend. The remaining chapters will come a little slower until next week.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ahso I saw the Pitt game in the Sugar and whats funny about that game was that the black player for Pitt was call for pass interference in end zone and Tech got the ball on the 2 and then scored to win the game 7-0 Also the next (well actually the same year) tech beat Pitt in sort of a rematch and beat Pitt again but this time Pitt scored (as I remember) 2 td's and Dodd stated he did not believe any team could have scored that many points on Tech that year.

Back