Donor wants to sue NCAA

Can go ahead and give us our ACC championship back

He likes Josh P. a little too much for me. But other than that I’m drinking his kool-aid.

Well, at least he did comment on how next year is a huge year for Pastner. No guy giving as much money as Zelnak is can be happy where basketball has been buried the last 5, 10 or 25 years. He’s a better man than me, and surely wouldn’t come out publicly with contempt for the head coach based on everything else he said.

Could we could have waited until they rule to announce this? I share his frustration with the NCAA. But, it seems that we have been inept compared to other schools in knowing how to play ball with the NCAA. We get slammed for minor infractions while others skate by on egregious matters. No organization is more lawyered up and protected by influential friends in high places than the NCAA. A threatened lawsuit is likely irritating enough that they will come down hard on us. I would rather him threaten to lead the way in creating a new collegiate athletic association.

Could we could have waited until they rule to announce this? I share his frustration with the NCAA. But, it seems that we have been inept compared to other schools in knowing how to play ball with the NCAA. We get slammed for minor infractions while others skate by on egregious matters. No organization is more lawyered up and protected by influential friends in high places than the NCAA. A threatened lawsuit is likely irritating enough that they will come down hard on us. I would rather him threaten to lead the way in creating a new collegiate athletic association.
Has history shown any indication GT will receive a favorable outcome from the NCAA?

Hell no. I’m 100% behind these public comments. And we’ll need more than just one lawyer. If they’re gonna mess with GT again, the NCAA better realize we will be the biggest pain in the ass imaginable.

Threat of legal action is what got Myles Sims and many others immediate eligibility. The NCAA dues not want their BS in court or in front of mainstream America.

Has history shown any indication GT will receive a favorable outcome from the NCAA?

Hell no. I’m 100% behind these public comments. And we’ll need more than just one lawyer. If they’re gonna mess with GT again, the NCAA better realize we will be the biggest pain in the ass imaginable.
I'll bet the ncaa lawyers arent undefeated in traffic court. Point Tech.

This news was received differently in the Basketball forum.

If it is GT alone they will feel no pain.

User IM79's like to dislike ratio is going to set a Stingtalk record.

Back