Duke Game Synopsis

BackstreetBuzz

GT fan for 60+ years
I don’t pay much attention to spreads that are designed to get money moving on bets not predict winners and losers.

All 4 of the next 4 games are basically toss ups. If the staff is at all worth their salt they will win more than half.

ND I’m still trying to figure out. UGA is in another class and that game should pretty much be disregarded. Anything short of getting blown out by uga will be something of a success.
Got ya. So all we have to do is never lose a game we are favored in, win all games we at less than 7 point dogs in, split the games we are 7-14 dogs in and just disregard the rest. Good job. I don’t know why someone has not thought of this before!

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Got ya. So all we have to do is never lose a game we are favored in, win all games we at less than 7 point dogs in, split the games we are 7-14 dogs in and just disregard the rest. Good job. I don’t know why someone has not thought of this before!
It’s pretty simple. You are putting way too much value in gambling point spreads. If you want a winning program you have to have talent that matches the majority of your opponents and then win the majority of those matches. So there is your focus and then you can build from there. From time to time you will upset a favorite or get upset by an underdog.

Glad to help. More remedial training can be sought but I will have to charge for further.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
A few thoughts:
1. Not a great win but a win nonetheless;
2. QB play slowly improving. Active feet in the pocket and better touch on the ball. Great passes to McGowan and Sanders, equally bad interceptions.
3. CDP has simplified the play calling. His version of the spread is really vanilla….maybe by design.
4. OL remains a major problem. Noticed more down blocking and pulling rather than drive/climb on run plays.
5. We get no drive on the DL….having to blitz our way to pressure.
6. Eley and Quez still playing well and are fun to watch.
7. Coverage is terrible. I recall one contested pass.
8. Kicker and special teams are solid.
9. Coach has to stop with statements like”Duke has a top offense in the nation”. He will begin to loose credibility.
10. Duke did a lot of cut blocking. It makes me laugh given the arrogance towards the TO.