Duke running the tripe option

User 10337

Duke would have won had Cutcliffe stepped aside and let CPJ coach them. Prove me wrong
Dear Dook,

Thank you for beating Paul Johnson so many times. We appreciate it. We could have never had a 3 win season without you- something that hasn’t been done in 25 years at GT! Please hire Paul Johnson so we can go back to beating you suckers consistently.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

All of the GT fans.

Last edited:

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Here's the series where Duke ran CPJ's offense. Starts at 2:15 in the video if it doesn't start there for you automatically.

User 10337

Here's the series where Duke ran CPJ's offense. Starts at 2:15 in the video if it doesn't start there for you automatically.

I don't see any option plays. I looked pretty hard. Watch the QB, the line, the RB's. There are clues there that make me think that these are called runs with backfield motion.

Play 1: Called trap run
Play 2: Looks like a missed assignment on a counter Trey, hard to say. But definitely not one of PJ's plays.
Play 3: Called Run, look at the QBs head. Doesn't watch the "optioned" guy at all, goes straight to handing off to RB.
Play 4: No option, called QB keeper
Play 5: Some wild ass pass play
Play 6: Not out of the PJ spread

Pretty piss poor performance as far as option offenses go.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
I don't see any option plays. I looked pretty hard. Watch the QB, the line, the RB's. There are clues there that make me think that these are called runs with backfield motion.

Play 2: Looks like a missed assignment on a counter Trey, hard to say. But definitely not one of PJ's plays.
Play 3: Called Run, look at the QBs head. Doesn't watch the "optioned" guy at all, goes straight to handing off to RB.

Those QB Keepers reminded me of 2018 vs Pitt, Duke, Clemson, mutts, MINN and everyone else with a competent D. So did throwing to a smallish, double-covered scatback running a wheel route instead of a taller WR.

coit

Coach Cut is no CPJ, that's for sure.

User 10337

Those QB Keepers reminded me of 2018 vs Pitt, Duke, Clemson, mutts, MINN and everyone else with a competent D. So did throwing to a smallish, double-covered scatback running a wheel route instead of a taller WR.
FWIW you're calling those teams' defense competent, but here's the truth...

Dook: 27.4 ppg , ranked #70
Pitt: 28.8 ppg, ranked # 79
Minn: 27.9 ppg #75

We were 28.9 ppg allowed, ranked #80.

Those defenses were not competent.

coit

Yeah I agree strongly

He took a lowly rated QB recruit from a Private HS in Charlotte NC (a Pro-Style academic qualifier that we claim is impossible to find at QB) and turned him into a 1st Round NFL Draft Choice, #6 overall

You are definitely right Coach Cut is no PJ

How many ACCCGs did he win? How many Orange Bowls?

KC_Jackets

Varsity Lurker
Didn't see the OL flopping around like fish though... :dunno:

Had a guy wide open on the pass play that could have walked into the end zone but threw into double coverage.

User 10337

Not all of the GT fans. Only the ones with the sandy vee jay jays. They'll be the ones that bigcry or downvote this post.
If they hired PJ, we would beat them every single year like we should. They would get even worse recruits than we got. They might even shut their program down and just focus on basketball.

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
How many ACCCGs did he win? How many Orange Bowls?
Please list all of PJ's own organic home grown Recruits that he has "put hands on" and turned them into NFL millionaires based on his coaching & development

Thought so

Upcoming elite Recruits wanna see how many guys you get drafted that you have Recruited & Coached

Meaningless orange bowls with no NC Implications vs 3-loss MSU teams that didn't even make it to their Conf CG mean next to nothing to players

Ask the GT players would they rather have that OB Ring or would they rather be Dak Prescott, and be in line for a 5yrs @ $34-$35 Million per yr NFL contract

Once you get past the CFP & the CG, the Bowls mean NOTHING to the players

Ask McCaffrey does he miss sitting out that Bowl Game or is he happy that he was uninjured and able to be drafted in the 1st Round?

This is why GT recruits so poorly, we focus on what old fart Alums think is important vs what elite Recruits think is important

Thank God CGC has a different mindset about GT FB & recrootin

Please list all of PJ's own organic home grown Recruits that he has "put hands on" and turned them into NFL millionaires based on his coaching & development

Thought so

Upcoming elite Recruits wanna see how many guys you get drafted that you have Recruited & Coached

Meaningless orange bowls with no NC Implications vs 3-loss MSU teams that didn't even make it to their Conf CG mean next to nothing to players

Ask the GT players would they rather have that OB Ring or would they rather be Dak Prescott, and be in line for a 5yrs @ $34-$35 Million per yr NFL contract

Once you get past the CFP & the CG, the Bowls mean NOTHING to the players

Ask McCaffrey does he miss sitting out that Bowl Game or is he happy that he was uninjured and able to be drafted in the 1st Round?

This is why GT recruits so poorly, we focus on what old fart Alums think is important vs what elite Recruits think is important

Thank God CGC has a different mindset about GT FB & recrootin
Shaq Mason and Jeremiah Attaochu have done ok, just to name a couple.

coit

Who gives two öööös how many of our players make it to the NFL? If we won the natty every year and had no NFL players ever, would you be here complaining? Wrecks'n'effect is your old handle, right?

The fact that Cut *might* have more NFL players than CPJ is irrelevant. What has Cut ever done in the ACC? Or in bowl games? What is his highest post-season ranking? He won the Coastal one time (2013). His bowl victories have been in the Pinstripe, Quick Lane, and Independence. So, he's done jack öööö.

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
Yeah I agree strongly

He took a lowly rated QB recruit from a Private HS in Charlotte NC (a Pro-Style academic qualifier that we claim is impossible to find at QB) and turned him into a 1st Round NFL Draft Choice, #6 overall

You are definitely right Coach Cut is no PJ

Yea and still went 3 - 5 in the ACC and finished 6th in a very mediocre Coastal.

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
I don't see how anybody thinks Cut is anything but a mediocre coach. Maybe a good QB coach and OC but he has a long head coaching career that would make Chan Gailey blush. He's had 3 winning conference records in 19 freaking years as a head coach. He's won no conference championships, nothing of any significance in 19 years as a head coach.

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
Who gives two öööös how many of our players make it to the NFL? If we won the natty every year and had no NFL players ever, would you be here complaining? Wrecks'n'effect is your old handle, right?

The fact that Cut *might* have more NFL players than CPJ is irrelevant. What has Cut ever done in the ACC? Or in bowl games? What is his highest post-season ranking? He won the Coastal one time (2013). His bowl victories have been in the Pinstripe, Quick Lane, and Independence. So, he's done jack öööö.
He did jack öööö at Ole Miss too. He's done nothing, EVER as a head coach. He can't even have a winning record in the ACC playing in the coastal with freaking Wake as his permanent opponent. The years he makes bowl games is when he combines 4 out of conference patsies with is usual 3 wins in the acc for 7 wins and bowl eligibility.

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Shaq Mason and Jeremiah Attaochu have done ok, just to name a couple.
Wow

you name 2 guys out of 8 or 9 recruiting classes, PJ's last two classes aren't draft eligible

2 position players plus ONE KICKER is less than many FCS programs during that same 8 yr window

Compared to the guy before him that is a serious erosion in talent level at GT during PJ's tenure

Thanks for proving my point