Dwags figured us out

Link

I'd make a comment about the author's curious apostrophe placement, but I guess that'd just be fulfilling the prophecy, right?

Apparently they still haven't figured out how to count though...

the hyperlink says five

Funny he names the believer as one personality. At least our board has a personality. It's boring to read dawg boards because unfortunately the only personality they offer is the believer. He says the believer is the "one who believes this year is THE year" that Tech wins the championship.

How hypocritical he is because I am pretty sure dawg fans are notorious for 2 things in regards to other fanbase perceptions. 1. Preseason MNC champions and next year is always the year to all dawg fans and 2. (insert any running back name) will be the next Herschel Walker.

Glad he has to read our boards just to get a decent mix of perceptions and personalities. Must get boring living in believer land.

Bet you he is on The Hive

nerds.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Funny he names the believer as one personality. At least our board has a personality. It's boring to read dawg boards because unfortunately the only personality they offer is the believer. He says the believer is the "one who believes this year is THE year" that Tech wins the championship.

How hypocritical he is because I am pretty sure dawg fans are notorious for 2 things in regards to other fanbase perceptions. 1. Preseason MNC champions and next year is always the year to all dawg fans and 2. (insert any running back name) will be the next Herschel Walker.

Glad he has to read our boards just to get a decent mix of perceptions and personalities. Must get boring living in believer land.

Pretty sure the Believer is a fairly accurate assessment of the situation. Troll.

As an asside, the comments section of that blog post is a great place to pick up cheap and plentiful butthurt futures.

They seem upset dot jaypeg

As an asside, the comments section of that blog post is a great place to pick up cheap and plentiful butthurt futures.

They seem upset dot jaypeg

Here is a gem:

You know, I never thought of Dwight Schrute as a Tech man. But it makes so much sense now. The mustard shirts,the extremely high opinion of himself, and the 3 Bs (Boobs, Battlestar Galactica, Beets). Oh, and of course this…
dwight-schrute-queen-of-blades.png

The guy who wrote that article is a closeted nerd.

To be fair, pretty much everyone is a nerd now which makes them calling Tech fans a nerd amusing. Even more amusing is when Tech fans call other Tech fans nerds on an internet message board. I still don't get that.

I got a kick out of it. It's a pretty good look actually

It's hit and miss, but some of it is definitely pretty accurate. No mention of The Whiner, though, which I think is a title that warrants mentioning.

Overall, I still really don't understand the humor behind derision of "nerd" hobbies. I guess spending all day watching SportsCenter, fishing, and four-wheeling is truly more enriching than playing video games or reading. I'm not butthurt (the clarification of which probably means that I am), I just don't get it. There are far funnier ways to make fun of the supposed social foibles and eccentricities of us Techies than saying we like to entertain ourselves in our spare time.

Allow me a confession. My absolute favorite guilty pleasure is homemade Snickers ice cream. But when I'm out of that, my second favorite guilty pleasure is reading Georgia Tech message boards, especially StingTalk, the board frequented by the high class guys and gals who celebrated the death of our mascot and the most famous announcer in Bulldog history, and expressed sadness when they found out the current Uga had not in fact gone on to meet his reward.

Those were some awesome threads.

Speaking of which, how long did it take before a dwag fan dug up Larry Munson's body and ööööed it?

You must be redneck avatar guy. Satan is a redneck, right?

No. This is the redneck avatar guy.

Satan would be a redneck if he had more dogs in his house than people.

I didn't see a category that I squarely fit in. Maybe I'm a cicada from St. Simons Island.

My next avatar will be a bikini clad anime character.

The guy who wrote that article is a closeted nerd.

To be fair, pretty much everyone is a nerd now which makes them calling Tech fans a nerd amusing. Even more amusing is when Tech fans call other Tech fans nerds on an internet message board. I still don't get that.

Everyone on Stingtalk is a nerd except me.

Back