Dwags got a new 5-star OL today...what's on his left arm?

Is it just me or is it rare to see an OL get a five-star rating? Of course 5-stars are rare enough in their own right.

I'm not really qualified to judge but is Devine living up to his four-star rating? Did Claytor live up to his?

Speaking of that 2007 class, I think it's high time we had another one like it.

Is it just me or is it rare to see an OL get a five-star rating? Of course 5-stars are rare enough in their own right.

I'm not really qualified to judge but is Devine living up to his four-star rating? Did Claytor live up to his?

Speaking of that 2007 class, I think it's high time we had another one like it.

Openly questions star ratings. Then, opines for return of Tech's most over-rated class ever.

That's Stingtalk!

The Atlanta media hype of UGAG is so unreal, all we ever hear is they got the highest ranked class and the number 1 prospect every year and then they do nothing with it, to hear this BS you would think Matt Ryan could not start for UGAG.

Openly questions star ratings. Then, opines for return of Tech's most over-rated class ever.

That's Stingtalk!
Jonathan Dwyer
Joshua Nesbitt
Morgan Burnett
Derrick Morgan

How many players of that caliber have we had on our entire team since that class? I would argue zero. Maybe one in Shaq Mason. We had four in one class.

Jonathan Dwyer
Joshua Nesbitt
Morgan Burnett
Derrick Morgan

How many players of that caliber have we had on our entire team since that class? I would argue zero. Maybe one in Shaq Mason. We had four in one class.
And the reason I was a FOCcer

Jonathan Dwyer
Joshua Nesbitt
Morgan Burnett
Derrick Morgan

Justin Thomas

Jonathan Dwyer
Joshua Nesbitt
Morgan Burnett
Derrick Morgan

Laskey, Mason, Waller, DJ White were all 2011 class I believe. All are in the NFL. Gotsis and JT were 2012. What about Attouchu? Or were you just trolling?

Jonathan Dwyer
Joshua Nesbitt
Morgan Burnett
Derrick Morgan

Why'd you stop at four? Keep rattling off the names of that class. I'll wait.

Laskey, Mason, Waller, DJ White were all 2011 class I believe. All are in the NFL. Gotsis and JT were 2012. What about Attouchu? Or were you just trolling?
Seriously? 3 of those 4 were 1st team All-ACC. Morgan Burnett was 2nd team All-ACC, but was 1st team All-American. Again I ask, how many of those type players have we recruited since then? I'll give you Shaq Mason. Even if you count Thomas and Attaochu, that's 3 elite players in 9 classes after we had 4 in one class. The other guys were/are solid players, but not on the level of the guys I listed.

And the reason I was a FOCcer
Meh. He did it only once, and the rest of his recruiting was not even as good as Johnson's. How many other elite players did Chan recruit outside of that class? Just Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas?

I'm not propping up Chan here, just saying that 2007 was most definitely a special class.

Why'd you stop at four? Keep rattling off the names of that class. I'll wait.
I stopped at 4 because I only needed to name 4 players to prove my point. The rest of the class could be as mediocre as ever and it would still be the best class we've had in at least 20 years. There were some other good players in that class like Roddy Jones, Mario Butler, Jerrard Tarrant, Nick Claytor, etc. but it's the ones I listed before that made it different than the usual.

Are you really denying that we haven't had that type of success in recruiting since then (or before 2007, for that matter)? We're always talking about lacking elite 1-8 type players... well that class had plenty of them.

I'm a little confused over how this guy is a 5* when the Fabio lookalike QB who just committed to Clemson is a 4*. I bet if they switched schools their star ratings would flip right along with them.

Jonathan Dwyer
Joshua Nesbitt
Morgan Burnett
Derrick Morgan

And Saban hired away our recruiting coordinator the next year.

Seriously? 3 of those 4 were 1st team All-ACC. Morgan Burnett was 2nd team All-ACC, but was 1st team All-American. Again I ask, how many of those type players have we recruited since then? I'll give you Shaq Mason. Even if you count Thomas and Attaochu, that's 3 elite players in 9 classes after we had 4 in one class. The other guys were/are solid players, but not on the level of the guys I listed.

Oh you didn't say All-ACC or All-American. You said "of that caliber". IMO we have had players of that caliber. Dwyer and Nesbitt aren't even in the NFL. I listed 5 player that are in NFL.

680 now getting the hype train started saying Kirby will bring in the caliber needed to beat Alabama and Ohio State for the championship due to the 4 & 5 star #s. I'm sure a couple years of partying in Athens will make sure that doesn't happen.

I'm so sick of those guys. So glad I have Sirius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little confused over how this guy is a 5* when the Fabio lookalike QB who just committed to Clemson is a 4*. I bet if they switched schools their star ratings would flip right along with them.
Because the Clemson commit is just a junior. He will be a 5* and the top QB in next year's class, perhaps the top overall recruit in the nation.

Oh you didn't say All-ACC or All-American. You said "of that caliber". IMO we have had players of that caliber. Dwyer and Nesbitt aren't even in the NFL. I listed 5 player that are in NFL.
Are you suggesting that Zach Laskey was the same caliber player at GT as Jonathan Dwyer, because he's in the NFL?

The Atlanta media hype of UGAG is so unreal, all we ever hear is they got the highest ranked class and the number 1 prospect every year and then they do nothing with it...
It took about 10 repetitions for my puppy to learn "sit". 30 years later and the Atlanta media still hasn't learned. This just reinforces my belief that the Atlanta sports media has a lower IQ than a dog.

Back