Dwags want access to Buster through playoffs...

Buzzilla

I'm all out of bubblegum

Smart is communicating with CBK and OCBF to keep him through the playoffs. Understandable. They obviously feel he is critical to the process they've had in place. Aside from his role in communicating with Stetson, OCBF's role in game planning is reportedly also highly valued.

I would imagine it's a difficult spot for OCBF to be in. Kirby indicated he has been communicating with CBK and OCBF regarding his continued involvement.

I would imagine OCBF is pretty busy in his new role at Tech. There isn't any shortage of work to be done. I would have expected this to have been worked out during the contract negotiations.

Hmm...

Smart is communicating with CBK and OCBF to keep him through the playoffs. Understandable. They obviously feel he is critical to the process they've had in place. Aside from his role in communicating with Stetson, OCBF's role in game planning is reportedly also highly valued.

I would imagine it's a difficult spot for OCBF to be in. Kirby indicated he has been communicating with CBK and OCBF regarding his continued involvement.

I would imagine OCBF is pretty busy in his new role at Tech. There isn't any shortage of work to be done. I would have expected this to have been worked out during the contract negotiations.

Hmm...
Surprised this wasn't worked out in the beginning. Hell, yes, he should allow it. First, you get Kirby to tell Nate to return. Second, you get some goodwill with the dwag-dominated BOR. Third, it doesn't matter that much because it's only going to be for one game.

Critical 3rd and goal for uga to ice the game late vs osu. “Throw the pick” OCBF whispers quietly into his qb’s ear. “Throw the pick” he repeats. His qb subconsciously complies. OSu returns the pick 99 yards for the go ahead TD ultimately winning 33-28.

Honestly how is this going to work? The man is going to wear Tech gear and then be on the sideline in Dog öööö during the game? öööö that öööö.

Can he be on the sideline? I'm not sure what the rules for analysts are.

This looks like a good opportunity to make sure they lose their game to me.

I think it would actually be a slight boost in our recruiting - to say to a young man, "oh, by the way, after we leave your home, Coach Buster is on his way to the CF Playoffs to tell Stetson Bennet what to do on every play".

Don't be short-sighted guys - we can parlay this.

Is there a recruiting dead period after ESD? I'd imagine CBK would need Falkner on the road recruiting now but it sounds like they'd just need him for the game. If it doesn't interfere with his Tech duties I don't see an issue.

In exchange for half the national championship trophy, you can rent him.

Make it happen.
AND some kind of agreement that whenever the national championship is mentioned they have to say wtte, “earned in large part due to the gracious contributions of the Georgia Institute of Technology.”

Is there a recruiting dead period after ESD? I'd imagine CBK would need Falkner on the road recruiting now but it sounds like they'd just need him for the game. If it doesn't interfere with his Tech duties I don't see an issue.

I would expect that game planning as an analyst for an opponent you haven't previously scouted (Ohio State) would require a lot of time and focus. I know they have a lot of staff there, but you've got to review copious amounts of game film just to begin with. It's no small job.

I don’t have a problem with it. Buster having a strong brand as OC, associated with a NC caliber offense and getting a walk on QB to NYC for the Heisman ceremony is a positive for our future offensive recruiting.

I believe Kirby coached Bama in the playoffs when he went to Georgia, and Key coached Bama OL in the same manner when he was hired here.

Back