Dwyer coaching now

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
Didn’t realize that Dwyer was coaching RB’s at Kell now. Would love to see him eventually end up coaching at Tech if he wants to move up to the next level.

1701956378399.jpeg

Didn’t realize that Dwyer was coaching RB’s at Kell now. Would love to see him eventually end up coaching at Tech if he wants to move up to the next level.

1701956378399.jpeg
We sure he's not coaching defensive tackles?

I'm kidding. He earned the right to get big. I'll never forget that 08 season

… if he’s a good coach. Good players aren’t always good coaches and vice-versa. I’d rather have good coaches regardless of where they played rather than coaches who may or not be good but had previously played at Tech.

Eg, I don’t want Mark Price as head coach of our basketball team.

If there’s a union in the Venn diagram — they are good and they played at Tech and they want to coach here — then of course that’s great!

In any case, this is cool to seem him coaching locally, and I hope he does well.

We sure he's not coaching defensive tackles?

I'm kidding. He earned the right to get big. I'll never forget that 08 season
As the parent of athletes this is one of my fears. When you are young and growing, plus playing sports competitively you almost cannot eat enough. But then once you step away from sports combined with lower metabolism as you age, if you keep the same dietary habits you will undoubtedly gain weight. It's hard to make the transition from eating whatever you want and then some, to now having to count calories. I seem to recall Michael Phelps saying he was eating 6,000 calories a day when training. Now all of a sudden you are teaching history and coaching football it's hard to burn those calories.

As the parent of athletes this is one of my fears. When you are young and growing, plus playing sports competitively you almost cannot eat enough. But then once you step away from sports combined with lower metabolism as you age, if you keep the same dietary habits you will undoubtedly gain weight. It's hard to make the transition from eating whatever you want and then some, to now having to count calories. I seem to recall Michael Phelps saying he was eating 6,000 calories a day when training. Now all of a sudden you are teaching history and coaching football it's hard to burn those calories.
While true, he also got husky in 09 and showed up overweight to the NFL combine which probably cost him some $$.

Great player though. One of them all time greats and probably the most explosive player we’ve had in my 25 years as a GT fan

Is that one boy and one girl? Keep tabs on them. Putting aside the snark about him looking like a DL, his kid might grow into one.

It was 8,000-10,000 per day which is insane, but then again so was his training, burning upwards of 1000 calories per hour at times. I bet we can match the calories in at a StingTalk tailgate, the calories out can be matched as well depending on the circumstances, the state of the bushes, scooter riders, how many moms are there etc.

While true, he also got husky in 09 and showed up overweight to the NFL combine which probably cost him some $$.

Great player though. One of them all time greats and probably the most explosive player we’ve had in my 25 years as a GT fan
Now that Nesbitt and DT is already in the GT hall of fame, it seems logical that Dwyer should be getting the same call pretty soon.

Now that Nesbitt and DT is already in the GT hall of fame, it seems logical that Dwyer should be getting the same call pretty soon.
Very true. Burnett and D Morgan are in as well. As are Gardner, Walker and MJ93. Dwyer is the only great not in from those 08-09 teams.

Maybe Roddy Jones and Sean Bedford one day too.

… if he’s a good coach. Good players aren’t always good coaches and vice-versa. I’d rather have good coaches regardless of where they played rather than coaches who may or not be good but had previously played at Tech.

If there’s a union in the Venn diagram — they are good and they played at Tech and they want to coach here — then of course that’s great!

In any case, this is cool to seem him coaching locally, and I hope he does well.

You never want to hire someone who will be a "problem" to fire. Best to stay away from legacies.

Fogo Da Chow? Show me the feed bag.Glad he's eating well. He was a bitch on wheels for a couple of years for us and I'd love to have him back. Good for Kell though that they have one of their favored sons back at home. I wish Jon all the best.

Back