Dwyer coaching now

He was the prototypical RB we need now.. The kind who could just truck anyone. Wasn't he like 6'2" and 220lb+?

I heard him in a radio interview at halftime of the Walton semifinal game. He was on the field supporting Morgan Burnett who is their safeties coach.

Sounded like he was doing well and enjoying teaching the kids, and imparting all of the things he learned in his career.

Didn’t realize that Dwyer was coaching RB’s at Kell now. Would love to see him eventually end up coaching at Tech if he wants to move up to the next level.

1701956378399.jpeg
Is that his Wife!?

As the parent of athletes this is one of my fears. When you are young and growing, plus playing sports competitively you almost cannot eat enough. But then once you step away from sports combined with lower metabolism as you age, if you keep the same dietary habits you will undoubtedly gain weight. It's hard to make the transition from eating whatever you want and then some, to now having to count calories. I seem to recall Michael Phelps saying he was eating 6,000 calories a day when training. Now all of a sudden you are teaching history and coaching football it's hard to burn those calories.
We all retire from competitive sports sooner than we’d like, whether it’s age 12 or age 82. Still gotta exercise every day. Or get fat. The choice is yours, and it is a choice. I’d recommend the book Younger Next Year if you need a little inspiration.

We all retire from competitive sports sooner than we’d like, whether it’s age 12 or age 82. Still gotta exercise every day. Or get fat. The choice is yours, and it is a choice. I’d recommend the book Younger Next Year if you need a little inspiration.
Yes the famous moneyball quote - " We're all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children's game, we just don't... don't know when that's gonna be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we're all told. "

It's not exercise, it's calories. You have to take in no more than the calories you burn. You can be a workout warrior and burn 3,000 calories but if you are eating 4,000 calories you'll gain weight.

Yes the famous moneyball quote - " We're all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children's game, we just don't... don't know when that's gonna be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we're all told. "

It's not exercise, it's calories. You have to take in no more than the calories you burn. You can be a workout warrior and burn 3,000 calories but if you are eating 4,000 calories you'll gain weight.
Thank you that’s the quote I had in mind, but couldn’t remember what it was from. As to calories and exercise, it’s all part of the same equation.

Facts!

But calories are delicious

Back