Email from T-stan

Are you seriously asking if I think the players would have voted to stay home instead of going to Detroit for a bowl game? Surely that isn't what you're saying?
You do realize that the players get bowl packages that are usually pretty nice? One of the few tangible benefits outside of the education for all that working out, sacrifice and suffering.
Yes I was.

Yes I was.
Then I'll be as kind as possible when I say that you have no clue what a college athlete thinks.
Do you honestly think the seniors don't want one more chance to play a game? Most, if not all, of these seniors are done with football for life.
One more game to play for Coach Johnson, the man who's been their coach since they entered college? One more chance to send him out on a winning note, since their last game was a blowout loss to Georgia?

There are some players who are wondering if they will fit into the system implemented by whomever takes over at Tech. You don't think these guys want one more chance to shine in the system they were recruited to play?

And finally, that each player wants their player package?

I'll go ahead and answer the question for you. While they may have been disappointed not to be playing in a higher ranked bowl, these guys want to compete one more time. They WANT to be in Detroit, given the choice between Detroit or no bowl.

Then I'll be as kind as possible when I say that you have no clue what a college athlete thinks.
Do you honestly think the seniors don't want one more chance to play a game? Most, if not all, of these seniors are done with football for life.
One more game to play for Coach Johnson, the man who's been their coach since they entered college? One more chance to send him out on a winning note, since their last game was a blowout loss to Georgia? I

There are some players who are wondering if they will fit into the system implemented by whomever takes over at Tech. You don't think these guys want one more chance to shine in the system they were recruited to play?

And finally, that each player wants their player package?

I'll go ahead and answer the question for you. While they may have been disappointed not to be playing in a higher ranked bowl, these guys want to compete one more time. They WANT to be in Detroit, given the choice between Detroit or no bowl.

You could be right in that I don't know what today's college athlete thinks about this situation. That is why I wish they had the freedom to express that with a team vote. Get off your high horse hot shot. You might fall and hurt something.

You could be right in that I don't know what today's college athlete thinks about this situation. That is why I wish they had the freedom to express that with a team vote. Get off your high horse hot shot. You might fall and hurt something.
OK, so I'll stop even trying to be nice then.
Your post was one of the dumbest I've read in a while. A team vote would have been unanimous "Yes let's play". Now STFU about it.

OK, so I'll stop even trying to be nice then.
Your post was one of the dumbest I've read in a while. A team vote would have been unanimous "Yes let's play". Now STFU about it.
You don't tell me what to do, hot shot.

Back