Emmanuel Johnson- Transferring

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There was a movie on Showtime in the 70's that had a theme song that had a first line of

"Emmanuel, Emmanuel, Emmanuel goodbye"

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Thanks Emmanuel for playing for the Yellow Jackets.

We will win, with or without him.

PS I think he should play DT somewhere.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Not good.
So he's transferring because he didn't get enough playing time, even though he was playing as a freshman.... on the line, as a 2 star recruit, when we were his only P5 offer? I'm not saying this is a bad decision, but I question the logic.
If you can’t get playing time on our current roster, what makes you think you can in another P5 program?
Do you really see NFL in your future?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Not good.
If you can’t get playing time on our current roster, what makes you think you can in another P5 program?
Do you really see NFL in your future?
For all we know, he may have been processed out by the staff. Maybe it was a nudge. Maybe he didn't like at GT academically. He could just want to be closer to home.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
For all we know, he may have been processed out by the staff. Maybe it was a nudge. Maybe he didn't like at GT academically. He could just want to be closer to home.
Correct. No reason to overthink any of this. 99% of the time speculating on something with no facts leads to wrong conclusions and reflect poorly on the speculator.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Isn’t this the player where some discontent popped up a few months back through some stuff said by his family? I recall discussing that our 2 star from SC was unhappy and his family was saying some not great things about the only programs that offered him.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Correct. No reason to overthink any of this. 99% of the time speculating on something with no facts leads to wrong conclusions and reflect poorly on the speculator.
Especially speculating on the will of a 19-20 year old.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Isn’t this the player where some discontent popped up a few months back through some stuff said by his family? I recall discussing that our 2 star from SC was unhappy and his family was saying some not great things about the only programs that offered him.
And some of that could have been homesickness getting back to his dad. Just looking for a way out. We will never know. What we do know is he didn't want to transform into a DT and he isn't DE material on our team. Best to cut bait and get a DT in here

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Yeah, his dad all but said he was transferring months ago on twitter. Best of luck to him.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Not really speculation.

It is speculation to assume you can interpret that to understand what is actually happening.

I'm not talking about the xfer (thats a fact obv) or that his family is involved in the process (why wouldnt they be).

gtrower

Dodd-Like
- team gives up 121 points in 2 weeks
- player in question doesn’t see the field
- dad upset the team won’t make adjustments
- dad says other people know the kids talent
- dad says family decision coming
- player in question transfers

If we aren’t allowed to connect those dots then why even have threads on players.

Hope he finds what he’s looking for. The perpetual Tech quest for decent interior DL marches on.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Yeah, it seems fairly obvious, but there could always be additional reasons we don't know about. Fair to say this isn't a player we'd likely hold a spot for if things don't work out in the portal. So I hope he finds a place to thrive. Not everyone is going to be that fortunate, I don't think.

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
- team gives up 121 points in 2 weeks
- player in question doesn’t see the field
- dad upset the team won’t make adjustments
- dad says other people know the kids talent
- dad says family decision coming
- player in question transfers

If we aren’t allowed to connect those dots then why even have threads on players.

Hope he finds what he’s looking for. The perpetual Tech quest for decent interior DL marches on.
Seriously, I'm not KQ over here blindly speculating. It's pretty clear what's going on.